Prologue

31st of July 1991

Harry Potter had never imagined that he'd be a wizard, that he would freely admit. However, it was one of the best things that had ever happened in his life. He followed the large man, Hagrid he'd said his name was, through a wonderous alley before walking up the stairs to a large marble building proclaiming the name 'GRINGOTTS' upon it.

Upon entering he was confused with the humanoids that surrounded him but decided to take it in stride. Hagrid walked up to the end of the long room to one of these humanoids, "Telle' Ma'erhorn, I 'ave 'Arry Po'er 'ere needin' to see 'is vault. Oh, and 'so t'is." The large man slid a letter across the desk to the elder humanoid.

"I'm afraid Mr. Potter needs to attend a meeting with his account manager Mr. Hagrid. However, we can attend to this matter," the small man gestured to the letter, "while you wait for him."

Hagrid seemed a bit reluctant to accept this and mumbled out, "Er... Dum'led'r said 'es just to go to 'is vault." He looked worried as he glanced between Harry and the Humanoid.

Matterhorn looked less than impressed with the statement, "Yes well... Dumbledore has no say here in Gringotts Wizarding Bank. Due to Mr. Potter's status, it is a part of our custom to have him meet with his account manager upon his arrival at the bank."

Matterhorn directed his attention to Harry seemingly scanning the much too thin and small boy. "Mr. Potter, would you consent to see your account manager?"

Harry's eyes widened in shock before realizing he needed to answer, "I would loathe ignoring your customs, Sir. I would certainly consent to a meeting." Harry blushed a bit looking away from the man, "However, I am ashamed to admit I know nothing about this world having been raised in its counterpart."

The man made a slightly annoyed sound, "Do not worry Young Wizard, we have expected such as you never appeared before us until now. Your account manager is prepared to explain this world to you as needed."

Harry let out a relieved sigh at the information and bowed to the humanoid, "I cannot thank you and... yours...? Enough for your kindness in this matter."

Many of the creatures stopped to turn at the surprising events at the front of the hall, before turning back to the events at their own desks. Matterhorn let out a slight smirk, it appears Former Lady Lily Potter's wishes would indeed benefit the Horde.

Matterhorn called out in a language Harry had never heard before. A few seconds later a new Humanoid appeared in front of them and spoke, "Follow me, Mr. Potter, I will lead you to Supreme Account Manager Sharphilt."

Harry dutifully followed the apparently younger humanoid but called back over his shoulder, "I am sorry about this change of plans Mr. Hagrid, I do hope it won't affect anything too negatively." He then shifted his attention to the Humanoid, "And if I may ask your name?" The child's voice was hesitant as he looked at the slightly shorter man.

The man had a slightly shocked look on his face before, what harry assumed to be, a smile came to it. "My name is Griphook, Young Wizard. We here at Gringotts have been waiting for nearly 10 years to see you again. I'm afraid any questions that brings up will need to be answered by Sir Sharphilt though."

Harry tilted his head a bit but nodded, "Thank you for the information uhh... Sir Griphook?" There was hesitance at the form of address, obviously unsure of proper etiquette.

Griphook let out a low chuckle, "I hold no claim to the title of Sir, I am only known as Griphook Young Wizard." Griphook flashed a look back over his shoulder at the brightly blushing Human.

"I- I see... I'm sorry Griphook..." Harry stuttered out. The goblin just gave him, what Harry again assumed to be, a reassuring smile.

The Humanoid then stopped in front of a set of beautifully carved stone doors. He swiftly knocked thrice on the split between the two slabs. A few moments later a deep "Come in," Sounded from the room.