Prologue

A/N: This story is purely fictional and hold no resemblance to any person or entity living or dead. All rights are reserved of this story and copying its content will violate the copyright issue so don't try to copy its content or plot.

Hi my lovely readers, Thank you for stopping by on the first chapter of this story. This is a story of two persons brought up in very different cultures and comes together by fate but wait, there is lot more than that.

Why you should read it?

You should read it to know what is the mystery behind the romance between Alex and Gauri. You should read it to explore that this couple will be brought together by fate or something else (may be a dark past).

So come and explore different shades of human emotions like love, romance, hatred, greed, emotional drama and action with this story.

NOTE: Some readers just read the story till the end and then move on without voting or giving their views. You know it feels bad...Why? Because it takes lot of efforts and imagination to write a chapter and when it didn't get vote or comment then it is left unappreciated. I request you not to do that!!

YOUR VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE REWARDS OF MY EFFORTS SO....

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON EVERY (E..V..E..R..Y) CHAPTER YOU READ!! ITS NOT AN OBLIGATION.....IT IS A GENUINE REQUEST!!

WELCOME TO SECRET OF THE EAST

(New York)

"Man, I am fine. Why don't you get that" his muffled chuckle came from other side. He must have sensed that his constant phone calls have gotten on my nerves. Why can't these people leave me alone on this day?

'Because they love you, they care for you' My inner voice scolded me for not seeing the love behind their calls.

"Okay I agree with you Mr. Inner voice but I know how to take care of myself." I calmed down my inner voice. I know they care for me and become extra conscious about me on this date.

My mobile rang again flashing beautiful face of my elder sister. This is her sixth call since morning but I don't have a heart to shout at her. I can scold anybody for annoying me but not her.

"Hi doc, before you ask me for the sixth time, let me tell you that I am very fine" She giggled.

"You have your pills? Don't try to lie to me" How does she always know if I have taken my medicines or not.

"Please have it otherwise you know.." I interrupted her

"I know, I know. I promise I will take them but not now" I pleaded. I wanted to remember her for some more time.

People call her my imagination but this is the only way I can spend time with her and those pills make her fade away from my sight.

"It has been ten years Alex. Please forget her. Let someone come close to you." She is not ready to give up on me. She won't rest until she pairs me up with some nice girl like her.

"Let's not talk about that. Please Sis" I insisted.

"Now if you please excuse me, I have to attend some very important meetings" My request was refused because the next moment she started giving me lecture on negative impacts of being a workaholic on human body. This is the biggest drawback of having a doctor sibling and that too an elder one.

I put the phone aside and looked outside the glass window. After few minutes, she said bye and cut the call because she knew that I must be ignoring her.