Twenty Two

Chapter 22
Running in circles

"Aly... what do you from me?" mahinang tanong ko sakanya na ikinatigil niya sa paglakad. "Are we still here again?" balik naman niyang tanong sa akin.

Bakit hindi na lang niya idiretso sa akin?

"Shit! Aly. Matatanggap ko kung sex lang to. Tangina talaga! Tatanggapin ko. Fuck!!! I'd give you my fucking body until you don't want it anymore. Sabihin mo lang sa akin. Gusto ko lang malaman para alam ko kung saan ako lulugar hindi yung pinaghuhula mo ako sa mga bawat galaw mo sa akin." I said almost begging to her.

I feel like shit right now. I feel like I'm even begging for something she will never give to me and that feeling sucks.

"Really huh? That's what you think of me?" when suddenly her expression became stiff. "Aly, that's not my question!" sigaw ko sakanya at hindi naman siya makapaniwalang tumingin sa akin.

"That's not just fucking sex for me! For fucking sake! If that was just sex. I'd offer you a fucking deal. I'd be your fucking sponsor, Rei. I'd give you everything. I'm not just someone who takes all the fun and good part of the game. If this is just a sex... I'll make sure you'll benefit too. And if this is just a sex. I won't care about your feelings. I'd fuck you every damn fucking time. Fuck!!!" galit niyang sagot sa akin.

I don't know anymore.

"Then what are we? What are the things were doing?" seryoso kong sagot pabalik agad sakanya. She tried to inhale deeply trying to calm down her frustration or anger.

"Rei, what's with all the rush? It's been just two months. I know it's confusing for you but this shit is more confusing for me too." napatahimik ako ng makita ko ang pagpula ng kanyang mga mata.

"This is so confusing for me, Rei." pag ulit niya sa akin. "It maybe just fucking two months for you, Aly pero sa akin hindi. I just wanna know where I stand so that I can prevent myself from falling into that pit... so that I can save myself before its too late." nanghihinang sabi ko.

Ang tagal kitang pinangarap, Aly. Kung sa tingin mo masyado akong mabilis... kung sa tingin masyadong maliit yung two months na yon sa akin hindi.

Those two months with you still feels like a dream to me. You're a dream that will always be far from my reality.

"So if you're gonna say this is just a game then I'll accept it..." I'll accept it even though I know at the end of this game I will lose. I am still happy.

I am still happy that for a short period of time I was able to call you mine. I will take all the happy memories we spent together and save it in my brain— I'd still be grateful for giving me those memories I'd take to my grave.

Those memories that made me keep going... and those memories that made me feel genuinely happy.

Tumalikod ako sa kanya para umalis na ng marinig ko ang pangalan ko mula sakanya. "Rei..."

Napatigil ako sa paglakad. I really thought I moved on from you, Aly. I was grade eleven at that time. I was just 17 years old secretly admiring you from afar not even knowing what was my feelings for you.

All I know was you made each of my day memorable just by merely watching you. Whenever you're alone at the field drawing something in your notes. Whenever you eat while laughing with your friends in that rose gold table. Whenever I saw you being kind to your nursing juniors.

Whenever I'd see you joking around with boys and Grae's friends. Whenever I'd see you just simply walking. I'd always be there watching you. I was contented with that until we were sending messages through letters and drawings.