Chapter 58: Hunting Down Titus

Start from the beginning

"Your mother is right now. This really isn't like him, Aden."

"Well we'll just hunt him down and ask him why the hell he's thinks worrying me like this is okay."

My dad laughed. "Go get in the truck. I'll be out in a minute with your mother."

"'kay." Grabbing a jacket from the entryway, I went out to the garage and climbed into the back seat. My hands were sweating as I waited for my parents. It better just be car problems. I rest my head on the seat in front of me. But that didn't explain why he was ignoring me. He also could have ran here.

My parents arrived, and we were out on the road soon after.

"What did Xavier say?" I asked.

"He said Titus left on time. They're getting together a search team." She turned around in her seat. "We'll find him."

I bounced my leg as we started down the road. He was hurt; I knew it. Titus was hurt somewhere. We drove past the Andersen's cow pasture. My dad slammed on the breaks as a dog darted across the road.

"Damn it," muttered my father, starting back down the road. "Stupid animal. It didn't even look."

"It's one of their cow dogs."

"What the hell is it doing clear over here?"

I looked out the back window and saw the dog still running. "Wait. Dad wait."

"What Aden?"

"I want to look to somewhere."

"Where?"

"Just pull over," I stated.

My dad did so, and I jumped out of the truck. I jogged down the road to the turn off. At the end was the grove.

"Aden," called my mother. "Come back, sweetheart."

"Just a minute." I hurried across the road and started toward the patch of trees.

"Aden, come back," she yelled after me.

I broke into a run. The cold winter air burned my legs as I ran through the slush on the road. My pants were soaked up to the knee when I reached the trees. My father's truck lights weren't far behind me.

"Titus!" I called. I slumped through the snow. "Titus are you here." Standing in the small clearing where we used to lay together, I looked around. He wasn't there. My shoulder rolled forward and my eyes started to burn. Where was he?

"Aden?" My mother hurried through the trees. She arrived at my side and pulled me into her arms. "Shhhh... it's alright."

"Something happened, I know it," I whispered. "He won't have forgotten me. The stupid werewolf can't forget me," I muttered, wiping off hot tears away. "He spent all summer dragging me around, and every time I told him no, he'd come anyways. He can't forget me. He can't. It's not possible."

My mom held me close as I cried into her shoulder. My father patted my shoulder as he passed us to look around.

"We'll find him, Aden." She brushed a hand through my hair.

"Aden," called my dad. "Aden, over here."

My mother and I hurried over. There was blood in the snow.

"He's hurt," I breathed, taking off into the trees following the patches of blood.

"Aden," yelled my dad. "Aden wait."

I didn't listen. I heard growling. A large black form was laying in the snow with one of the Andersen's mutts lunged at Titus and bit his leg. Something came over me. I charged and when I reached the dog, I kicked it hard in the gut. It yelped and ran off. Dropping to my knees, I lifted the werewolf's head.