22. amethyst;

Houston was a hometown show, which apparently meant the energy was crazier than what I had all ready seen. I would never get tired of watching Awsten on stage, I decided in Houston. He was absolutely electric.

I was insanely nervous to meet Awsten's family again. I had met them all twice before this, but not as Awsten's girlfriend. We were just friends back then. It felt like a lifetime ago, while also only being four months ago. I was also glad to have a bunch of my friends coming, so I would have something to do while Awsten was preoccupied with his obligations.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without you all day," Awsten told me, when we had a moment to ourselves in the early afternoon.

I smiled when he rolled over onto his side next to me, curling up against my side, his head resting on my chest. I squeezed my arms tight around his shoulders and he made a very sweet sound of content. The grass under the tent was actually pleasantly chilly against the sweltering Houston heat, so his idea of laying in the grass together was actually a good idea.

"What do you normally do?"

"Sit alone in the dark in my bunk and avoid people." It was such a blunt, realistic answer that it made me laugh out loud.

"My antisocial babe," I said affectionately and I felt him smile against my skin.

"I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep, I think," he mumbled.

"So fall asleep."

"Can't. Wanna spend all my time with you. Can't do that if I'm asleep."

"Take a nap, Awsten," I laughed.

"Not until I ask you to prom."

"You're so delirious, just take a nap."

Awsten lifted his head slightly, his brow furrowed. "Haven't I told you about prom?"

"You didn't go to prom. You hung out with Travis and Jawn. I've heard the story."

He shook his head. "Ellie, listen to me. Warped Tour holds a prom every year. It's after one of the dates, and I want you to come so you can be my date. And then you can stay for a few days since everyone else gets to have their girlfriend stay in our bus for a few days."

"You're really corny, did you know that?" I teased him.

He shrugged and put his head back down on my chest, getting comfy again. "Are you gonna come or not?"

"Of course I will, Aws."

He nodded slightly and then yawned. I knew he fell asleep when his breathing evened out and deepened slightly. I didn't know how he could sleep with all the sounds of Warped Tour around us. He must have been tired.

Jawn passed us on his way back from wherever he was and gave me a silly look, which I returned with my middle finger. I moved my hands down and lazily drew patterns against Awsten's back as he slept soundly against me. Napping with him was one of my favorite things to do, honestly. There was something so intimate but sweet about napping with your significant other, and I really liked curling up like this with him. It was nice.

I was pulled from my head by Awsten's voice, but it was very soft. He was mumbling something, and I thought he had woken up.

"Aws?" I whispered, but he didn't respond. Maybe he was talking in his sleep?

I was inclined to ignore it, but he said, "I love you." My whole body locked up. I didn't move or breathe. I almost forgot that he was asleep. "I love you," he said again and sighed.