𝗧𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀

Y/n hated killing but if it meant she kept her life then she would do it again.

War was something she'd been trained for.

Both her and Ayumu knew what it would mean when they became Gramps's students and they didn't mind.

After all, what else could they do?

Their way of living wouldn't support them and Kaori for much longer and they had no parents.

The way of the sword was their only way out of the hell they'd been living in for most of their childhood and they weren't going to just throw away that chance.

Y/n knew killing was a natural part of War.

But that didn't mean she had to like it.

The folks on the front lines had a moment of rest, their last battle with some of the Shogun's army having ended with victory.

Y/n had been praised for her actions, having infused a stray vortex with electro so that it would tear through a large amount of the Shogun's soldiers, which had secured their victory.

But y/n felt awful.

She can hear a lot, you know?

And the screams of all those soldiers were seared into her memory, refusing to leave her alone and give her a moment of rest.

They had families. Loved ones. Lives.

And she just crushed all of it beneath her heel.

Y/n gagged, covering her mouth and turning away in time to avoid puking all over herself.

'Damn it.' she thought as she coughed, her throat burning as she rubbed tears from her eyes.

Y/n just wanted to curl up somewhere and hide.

'I hate this, I wanna go home already. Why is this even happening? Why did this even start?' y/n thought, eyes wide and brimming with tears, 'This is stupid, I should've just stayed home where it was quiet, and safe, and—'

"Y/n?"

Y/n choked on air out of surprises and whirled around, surprised that Gorou was there, "Oh!"

Had her thoughts been so loud that she hadn't noticed him coming? That wasn't a good sign, maybe she needed a break...

"Hey Gorou." she greeted with a tired smile as he wandered over, "Did you need something?"

Gorou had been looking for y/n since everyone was enjoying a nice meal together but y/n wasn't there.

Of course, he got worried and went looking for her.

The only reason he found her amidst the annoying storm was because he heard her coughing.

Was she sick?

Oh dear, what if she was dying?

Before leaving, Ayumu had mentioned that she was prone to sickness when on Yashiori island. Why? He had no idea but guessed it was stress related.

"I was just checking on you, that's all." Gorou replied as he joined her, "Are you okay? You haven't been eating much lately."

"Oh." y/n could only reply with that as she tried to ignore the persistent cramps in her abdomen, "I'm just feeling a little under the weather, that's all..."

The h/c haired young lady flinched when Gorou pressed a hand against her forehead with a frantic, "Are you sick? If you are, you should've said something! You need to rest, y/n, standing out in the wind and rain isn't a good idea!"