"It's alright, the creatures won't hurt her. Dumbledore made sure they do not harm a student," her friend reassures her, but it was still unsettling knowing that Fleur's sister who was just a little girl alone and stranded deep in the depths of the lake.

"The Beauxbatons champion, Miss Delacour, has unfortunately been forced to retire so she will take no further part in this task," Dumbledore's voice echoed through the speakers.

The tournament staff and officials were bustling around, some entering the water in search of the champion's sister while others were crowding around the Headmasters. Soon, the signals were sent underwater to the Merpeople who had surfaced to the top.

At that same time, the clock struck an hour and a minute later, two heads bobbed to the top and Aine quickly turned to the two figures, only to find both Cedric and Cho's puzzled faces. Cheers erupted from the stands as they swam to the dock, their lips curled up as they hear the applause from their friends. 

Next to emerge was Hermione, much to Aine's relief, she quickly ran towards the edge, almost slipping as soon as she caught sight of a shark's head next to her, "Oh sh—" she nearly cursed, almost casting a spell to attack the animal. It turns out that Viktor Krum had partially transfigured himself to become a shark, something that looked horrifying disturbing as his lower half was of a normal human body.

The Durmstrang students howled with joy as they watch their champion earn a second place in the second task and had successfully returned with the treasure, unscathed. Although the stands were filled with cheers and claps, the Beauxbatons were silent and students almost forgot they were there because they hadn't moved an inch ever since Fleur had come up. Their attention was still focused on the lake, hoping for Gabrielle to come to sight, but to no avail.

"Hermione!" Aine and Ginny cried, reaching out to the brunette who was coughing and trembling with adrenaline. They immediately pulled her up and showered her with thick towels and warm cuddles, not caring that their clothing was slowly dampening. "Oh! Hi! Oh my, thanks!" the girl replied, smiling as Krum placed a fur coat over her before making way to his mates after knowing his partner was in good hands.

"You must be freezing!" Ginny exclaimed, rubbing the girl's arm while Aine cast a Hot-air charm to Hermione's robes, instantly steaming her clothes to keep her nice and warm. "Thanks, Ai!" she breathed and Aine smiles, "Did you see Harry, Ron and Gabrielle while you were down the lake?" she asks.

The girl shook her head, "No, we were sort of... Put to a temporary sleep. I only regained consciousness as soon as I came out of the water."

"Oh no..." Ginny mutters, feeling sorry for Fleur as she turns to her, she was slowly getting even more impatient and frantic as she paces back and forth with Aion by her side. It was almost as if she was reaching the peak of her patience before she burst into a frenzy when two more heads floated up, that Fleur beamed in relief.

"Thank Godric," Aine sighed as she watches Ron helping Gabrielle swim towards her sister before she rushes towards the boy with her two friends. 

"YES!!"

"YEAHHH!"

Waves of hurrah exploded from the spectators, mostly from the few red-heads Aine knew which made her snicker. She caught sight of Fred and George fisting the air, clearly proud of their little brother even though they don't usually show it on their faces or actions. 

"Viens ici! Gabrielle! Oh, dieu merci!" Fleur clasps her hand, running straight to her sister as she arrives with Ron.

"RON!" Ginny yells, rushing to her brother as she flung herself at him, catching him off guard. "Oh, hey Ginny," he greeted before she steps aside for Hermione to hug him, "Thank goodness you're alright!"