[ 17 ]

The long-awaited first task of the Triwizard Tournament was today, due to that, classes ended earlier today so that both students and staff could watch the spectacle. Which was both unlucky and lucky for Aine and Ginny since it was their Potions class that got shortened. "Professor, do you mind if I come down later after the first task to brew some—" Aine rushes to the Potions Master who immediately turned dramatically at her, "No," he replied before she could even finish her sentence.

"You didn't even hear what I wanted to say!" the girl exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips.

"I didn't need to. Even if I hear what you're about to say, the answer would be the same as the hundred other attempts you've asked me. No," Professor Snape answered, waving his wand and the equipment and bottles on every student's table arranged and tidied themselves up. 

"Please?" Aine asks again, eager to finish her very first batch of Wolfsbane after her many attempts of experimenting. That was been the little private homework she has been giving herself ever since Professor Lupin had resigned from his post. It took some time before Professor Snape allowed her to use his ingredient store, with the deal of her helping to clean the leftover cauldrons and space during her free time. However, he still hasn't allowed her to brew the potion in his classroom yet. Let alone ask him for his suggestions and views of her work so far. 

"Get your annoying face away from my desk," Snape warns her, narrowing his eyes before the girl pouted, clicking her tongue and spinning away as she spouted very quietly under her breath, "Meanie Snappy."

"I heard that."

Aine turned to him, a bright smile on her face, "Really? Good."

Professor Snape rolls his eyes before it landed on an embarrassed Ginny standing next to the door as she waited for her best friend, "Weasley, take your insolent friend and get out of my classroom, will you?" 

Aine threw a glare at her professor as she drags her feet out. He simply shrugged, mimicking her frown, "There is no need for that. I'll take my leave now, professor. And since you won't help me, I'll ask my dad for advice then!"

"Be my guest, and perhaps don't come back here and bother me. Unlike you, I have work to do." 

The girl scoffs, "I'll be back, sir. Don't worry! I'll always annoy you until you teach me!" she bids him, Ginny hauling her out of the classroom before she suffocates from the tensed atmosphere, "Thank you, Professor Snape!" she said politely.

"Thank you for today, Professor Snappy—"

BANG!

The door of the classroom slams shut before Aine burst out laughing, she turns to Ginny who was frightened by the loud bang of the door. "I honestly don't know whether you're really brave to speak to him like that, or just... Wild." 

"Perhaps both!" Aine winks, threading her arm around her friend's, "Come on! We're going to be late!" she tells her, happily skipping towards the pitch for the first match. While Ginny proceeded to meet her brothers, Aine went along with Hermione to the champion's tent to check on Harry.

"Are you sure we're allowed here?" Hermione asked, looking around the tents, gulping. "I don't think we should be here, Aine," she added.

"We'll be fine! Just for a little while!" Aine replies with a thumbs up before she caught a glimpse of Fleur, Cedric, Krum and Harry when the tent's cloth fluttered in the breeze. "Look, there he is!" she pointed as they moved closer. Their eyes stared at Harry's shadow loitering around the walls before Hermione rushes to the other side of the fabric, "Psst!" the brunette whispers, but there was no reply.