Slytherin House

The morning was far from good, despite what everyone who awoke in the dormitory said to the grumpy ravenette boy who glared at anyone who breathed around him.

nothing bugged Regulus more was a bad night sleep. and that is exactly what he had.

his roommates shouted and whispered and sang all night. none of them would go to sleep. it was like sleeping in a room full of Sirius's and their pet parrot Toto(yes like in the muggle film wizard of oz, it happened to be the only muggle film Regulus has ever seen).

People gave him looks, most likely wondering why he looks so grumpy.

The people in the common room waved and said "Good morning kid, sleep well?". To this Regulus would scoff and attempt to walk away.

Today was one of the days that Regulus hated everything that breathed. Including his brother and his aggravatingly joyous friends.

The amount of times Regulus had told either Sirius, James or Peter to leave him alone was hard to count. Remus seemed to leave him be, "at least one of them can respect someone's personal space and privacy" Regulus grumbled in his mind.

but he realised, Remus wasn't antagonising him, purely because he was studying him. The way the older boy dragged his eyes up and down Regulus's appearance and his eyebrow would perk when Regulus would snap at one of the Marauders.

The small tubby boy squealed seeing what was for breakfast and dragged James over to the Gryffindor table. Two down, two.. well one and a half, to go.

Regulus picked up a piece of toast with raspberry jam and bananas on it from the selection and handed it to Sirius. "For you, now leave me alone" Regulus said, his tone was harsher than Sirius thought it would be so he jumped back and thanked him for the toast quietly.

Remus nodded at Regulus before taking Sirius over to the Gryffindor table.

"Gormless pillocks, Prats and Tossers" Regulus grumbled angrily scooping porridge and bacon into his mouth.

"Do you know those boys Regulus?" The loving voice of Pandora asked sitting down beside the younger Black with a sweet smile. "Yeah,I do, knobheads the lot of them, I guess that half-blood boy alright" Regulus said offering Pandora a fruit salad, it was his favourite thing to eat after porridge, so he believed it was a very noble thing for someone to do. "Why thank you Regulus" The girl smiled slightly before scooping a piece of orange and pineapple into her mouth. "Blimey Regulus" Augustus exclaimed appearing from nowhere. "Those boys over there are right wobble gobs" Augustus said glaring at the Marauders who were laughing and hitting each other with crumpets and pancakes.

"That one looks like you a lot" said Augustus, "That one with the longer hair". Regulus and Pandora burst into laughter. "Well I should hope so" Pandora said. "That's my older brother" Regulus said.

Augustus turned bright red in embarrassment. "I didn't know, sorry Regulus". Regulus smiled and passed Augustus a pancake with Whipped cream. "Dora is a vegan, can't eat animal products, doesn't want to" Regulus said as he had seen Augustus looking sorrowfully at Pandoras breakfast.

Pandora looked at Regulus with stars in her eyes. "Dora?" She said curiously with a joyful smile, "Nobody's ever given me a nickname before, not even my brothers".

Regulus despised the nicknames Sirius gave him. But imagining not being able to tell him to shut up and stop calling him stuff like "Reggie-kins, Regg, Lussie, Ickle baby Weggie" made him feel slightly sad.

"You can have my brother if you want, he gives me nicknames all the time" Regulus said smiling gently at the girl. Augustus covered a croissant in chocolate sauce and shoved it in his mouth. "No no you're going to choke!" Regulus and Pandora screeched as they smacked the little boys back in attempt to stop him from choking.

"Just let him Black, he's nothing but a pathetic half-blood Hufflepuff, you can make better friends" Narcissa said setting herself down only to be followed by her obnoxious platinum haired boyfriend.

Regulus shot a glare at Narcissa and smiled up at Andromeda who ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead affectionately. "Hello little Regulus".

"Hello Andie" Regulus said with a cute smile.

It was a Saturday so they had no classes. They had just finished the first two weeks and Regulus was already exhausted. Studying and working and homework and more studying. It was a lot for an eleven year old boy.

"I do wish all of your family were as kind as Lady Andromeda, why couldn't my brother become engaged to her instead" Pandora whispered to herself. Regulus tried to hide his laughter by stuffing a slice of toast in his mouth.

Andromedas eyes widened and she waved over at the Ravenclaw table and blushed. "Ah I see, you and Ted" Pandora said then she squealed. "YOU AND- MHMHJHMH" Pandora tried to wriggle away from Andromedas soft hand that was planted firmly over her mouth.

"HeeeEEEYyyy Dromeda" Regulus rolled his eyes at the sound of the voice. Bellatrix pulled out her wand and Narcissa jumped on top of her big sister to stop her. "Hello Siri" Andromeda with a smile. Bellatrix mocked her sister and Narcissa gave up on trying to control Bellatrix.

"OI OI EVANS!" James shouted loudly as a familiar redhead girl walked in, Snape following her around like a lost puppy.

Sirius pulled out his wand and muttered a spell. Snape fell face first into the floor. "Have a nice trip Snivellous?" Remus chuckled high fiving Sirius.

Regulus furrowed his brows. He had most definitely got his impression of Remus wrong. Before Regulus believed Remus was the calm one who abided the rules and hated violence. But his reaction and the rumours going around about him, it seemed he just had a more calm exterior than the other three.

"That's Remus, Loopy Lupin" Bellatrix said, "Filthy half-blood and a violent one, he's worse than our family". Bellas words brought even further confusion.

"Don't speak about me when it's obvious I can hear you, Bellatrix" Remus said, his voice calm but his eyes were dark.

Regulus didn't like it. It was the same look his mother held before she was going to hurt someone.

"Heeey Remu, calm down" James said placing his hand on Remus's shoulder.

Sirius pulled muggle chocolate out of his pocket and handed it to Remus who seemed to be very grateful.

There was a rumour Regulus had heard about the infamous Marauders. The last week before the summer, a Ravenclaw third year called James and Peter something, Regulus was not too sure what it was, and Sirius and Remus got angry. Sirius, being raised in the house of Black, unleashed a ton of hexes he had learnt from their mother and cousins. Remus on the other hand, was raised in the muggleworld. The Ravenclaw boy went home that day, with a broken nose, missing teeth, two black eyes. He was completely bashed up and Remus had blood on his hands and uniform before getting on the train. The entire school was terrified of the half-blood boy now.

At first, Regulus didn't believe it. Remus seemed to be the most suitable and calm out of half the students in second year, besides that muggle-born girl Lily Evans that he sees James drooling over. However, seeing the look in Remus's eyes and the way the marauders reacted so quickly to calm him down, the evidence was all there, Remus is the scariest Marauder.

"Hi Remus!" Lily Evans, the ginger girl James fawns over, spoke with her perfect voice and a perfect smile on her perfect face. Was Regulus jealous that even when he was feminine he wasnt as pretty as Lily? maybe. Is he jealous that Lily takes everyones attention away? No he wasnt.

"Hey Lily, how are you?" Remus asked digging his nails into his hand.

Augustus leaned into Regulus's ear, "Come on Regulus, lets go, we can have thr library to ourselves if we're quick enough".

Pandora bid goodbye to the three Black sisters and Lucius Malfoy, before pulling Regulus and Augustus out of thr great hall.

a/n

uh hi

idk what to say

hope you enjoyed

Taylor (●’◡’●)ノ
( ˘ ³˘)♥︎