01 - cinderella

CINDERELLA, am I right? Quite literally Cinderella. You were wearing your usual uniform with, unusually, a scarf on your head. It had you thinking—is it because you're a woman? That you're standing here, simply agreeing to the horrendous chore of mopping the floor from sweat and not water—sweat. Cinderella's fucking reincarnation

The faint sounds of the swish of the hoop, the squeak of the shoes, and the landing of the ball didn't help your aching headache. Neither did the ridiculous stench of their sweat, but that was another story. Just to add to your misery, Wakamatsu continued to nag beside Imayoshi, "I mean, the guy doesn't even show up to practice, Imayoshi! Please tell me; Why is the guy still on the damn team?" The loud blonde pondered over the continuous subject.

Imayoshi sighed with a menacing grin. — Look, at this point, as the manager of touou, you've kind of gotten used to this idiot's resting face. resting "stirring up a plan in my sadistic brain" face. And, sometimes, he is. "It's fine." He grabbed the towel and wiped the sweat off his neck. "Look, if you hate it that much, Manager L/N was just on her merry way to change Aomine's mind, right?"

At the sudden mention of your name, you stopped mopping and just paused, staring at the floor. You could sense everyone else stop as well and watch you for confirmation. "No." You replied and continued with your chore.

You heard groans and disappointed mutters, which really just confused you. Why would they care so much about a guy who treats them like shit? Correction: why would they care so much about a guy who is shit? Especially Imayoshi. Aomine's done nothing but ridicule Touou's strict name and rules, but he actually wants that bastard to attend practice. What makes him think that if his manipulative self fails, you will succeed?

Suddenly, to your liking, the mop you dreaded fell and your hands were embraced—all because of the simple declination you uttered. Wakamatsu, all dramatic, looked at you with sorrowful eyes while you were weirded out beyond understanding. "Y/N, if you manage to get him to practice, I will cherish you forever and treat you as if you were something priceless." He expressed.

"Am I being punk'd?" You thought, staring at Wakamatsu with disgust present on your face.

You looked around, hoping to find someone who held the same expression as you. But, as you looked around, you noticed that everyone carried the same puppy-dog eyes as Wakamatsu. What the fuck? "You see, I don't think anyone can get into that brain of his." You whispered, reluctantly taking your eyes away from the other members.

Wakamatsu stared between the floor and your eyes. You were confused, but then you witnessed his knees bending, and you knew he was going to kneel to get you to agree. Never have you ever helped a person up that fast. "I'll see what I can do." You simply agreed because you wanted this awful thing to be over.

"Wooh!" Imayoshi clapped as everyone cheered. What the fuck is happening? "That's manager L/N for you, everyone!"

Oh, for fuck's sake.

You leaned your head against your broom with squinted eyes, standing alone in an empty room.

What did I agree to?

Great. Now you have to convince the most stubborn man alive to attend a practice for a team he hates. along with the practice. I mean, you got it, really. not the ass, but his teammates. It's so frustrating to see someone praised and acknowledged for their abilities, but what about them? They've worked so hard—unlike him—and yet, nothing.