❣ 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

As the group were rowing back to shore, Cecilia was staring glumly at her now wet hair.

Alberto noticed her expression and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just my hair's all wet and it looks all ratty. I got it looking so good today", she sighed, "And now it looks awful."

"Well that's stupid", Alberto said.

"You're the one who asked", Cecilia said.

"No, I meant it's stupid you're worrying about because it doesn't look awful", he told her.

"Oh", her smile returned to her face, "Thank you."

After the group finished docking the boat, the girl started humming a song she liked.

"What's that?", Alberto asked, slightly startling her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you could hear me", she apologised.

"It's alright. Why are you apologising?", he asked, slightly confused.

"Because normally people don't like it when I sing, or even hum for that matter", she explained.

"You sing?", he asked curiously.

"Well, sometimes. When I know people can't hear me", she told him.

"Why don't they want to hear you?", Alberto asked.

The girl thought about it for a moment and said, "... I don't actually know. They never actually told me."

"Well, you should sing anyway", he told her.

She smiled and gulped before saying, "You wanted to know what that song was, right? I've got a record player at home. If you wanna come over after dinner, I could show it to you?", she started turning a little red.

Alberto glanced back at Luca, who was walking back to the house with Giulia, before answering, "Sure. Sounds like fun."

"Cool, I'll see you then", she said as she waved at him before walking back to her house.

Alberto's eyes lingered at the girl for a moment before his thoughts were interrupted by his friend saying, "Alberto?"

"Yeah, coming", he said, quickly joining Luca.

"Alberto, I think I might've seen my parents", his friend nervously said.

"No way. I told you, they're not coming here", Alberto assured him.

"But what if they did? They're gonna send me to the deep", Luca said, still worried.

"Listen, relax. It's never gonna happen", his friend told him again.

(A/N for the ppl who are reading this when it just came out: Merry Christmas)