❣ 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

"Okay, we have one week to train!", Giulia shouted at Alberto through a makeshift megaphone.

"Calmare, Giulia", Cecilia said as she gently pushed down her friend's megaphone.

"Yeah, I got this", Alberto told them before looking at the vast array of pasta that Luca and Cecilia were piling out and onto the table, "Wait, what?"

"Every year, they change the pasta. You have to be ready for anything", Giulia explained, "Could be cannelloni, penne, fusilli, trofie, even lasagne! And you have to use a forchetta. It's the rule", she handed him a fork.

Alberto grunted, "Ugh! Rules are for... rule people!"

-

Later on, it was time for Luca to practice cycling so they went up the route that would be used for the cup all the way to the top of the hill but when they finally got there, Luca was too terrified of the drop.

"Holy carp", he said nervously, "No, I can't."

Just then, Ercole came riding by and said, "I KNOW! And remember, piccoletto, cjkdsk!"

Giulia went up to Luca and told him, "Forza, Luca, don't let him get into your head. You can do this."

Luca took a deep breath and said to himself, "Silenzio, Bruno", before beginning to ride down the hill.

He then started to speed up and suddenly cried, "I CAN'T!", before putting on the brakes, sending him flying.

-

Finally, it was time for Giulia to train to swim. Poorly.

"I guess that's how humans swim?", Luca whispered to his friend.

"Ugh, that's embarrassing", Alberto muttered.

Meanwhile, across the bay, Ercole and his lackeys were hunting for sea monsters.

"See any sea monsters?", Guido asked.

Ercole smirked, seeing the kids in their little boat, "No, but I found some bait."

He started propelling the boat towards the kids and soon, his targets realised what was going on.

"It's Ercole! C'mon!", Cecilia cried as she tried her best to get the boat moving with the boys following suit.

When she thought all else failed, Cecilia shouted to them, "JUMP!", before jumping into the water.

In the panic of the moment, the boys did the same, forgetting for a second that the girls would see them as sea monsters. Giulia swam up to Ercole's boat once it slowed down and started shouting at him while Cecilia was just doing her best to tread water in her dress. Meanwhile, the boys climbed back into the boat and dried themselves off as quickly as possible.

The girls climbed back into the boat and Giulia asked them, "Luca? Alberto? Are you okay?"

"Um...", Luca stalled as his friend was getting the last of himself dry.

"We're good!", Alberto said quickly.

"Maybe that's enough training for today", Cecilia said as she wrung out her hair off the side of the boat.

"Yeah. Agreed", Luca said.