DEUX Debut

What are the things that come into your mind when you hear the word "DEUX"? The french word for 'two'? A character's name? Or maybe an underrated artist that no one has heard of? Well, Yang Entertainment is debuting a new girl group on December 1st (let's all use the power of imagination and imagine that I didn't post this late), and yes, they're called DEUX. The group consists of eight members including Cheryl, Beatrice, Nawon, Roxanne, Khloe, Jieun, June, and Meiling. Managed by Kwon Siwoo.

In the case of DEUX, it is actually pronounced as the French "deux" or "deh-uh-keu-seu" in Korean.

With their age ranging from 19 to 25 years old, the group plays around the concept of fresh and remarkable girls who will become the trendsetters for today's generation. Off-camera, they're relatable girl-next-doors; but on stage, they're fierce, energetic, and talented performers.

Even before debuting, Nawon was one of the "ACE" trainees who was placed as the center, (which is the most sought for position) in the trainees' evaluation performances. Everyone, including the mentors, could see her eagerness and determination to perform, and she always had her game face on. From fierce to cute, she has got it all!

Meiling has always been known for her beauty, and prior to DEUX's debut, she's been busy gracing the pages of some of Korea's top magazines. While DEUX as a whole is a pretty group, Meiling is set to become the group's fashion star. And with her stunning looks, she's already the favorite for K-beauty features and products. But of course, she's more than just her looks; she's a gifted dancer and performer.

Do you want to know more about the other members? We sure think so! Therefore, we can assure you, you won't regret supporting DEUX and learning more about the girls as time goes.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* WE RAISE YOU UP! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

//01. OOPSY! (TITLE)

↳ by DEUX

composed by: HOONY

lyrics by: HOONY

arranged by: GROOVYROOM

choreographer: Siwoo

"OOPSY" is a dance pop track characterized by refreshing drum beats, rhythmical synth sounds, and an addicting hook. The lyrics portray the ambiguous state in a relationship where two individuals like each other but aren't able to step into a full-on relationship.

M/V

LYRICS VIDEO

SPECIAL STAGE

//02. I MEAN (B-SIDE)

↳ by DEUX

composed by: HOONY

lyrics by: HOONY

arranged by: Hwimin

choreographer: Siwoo

From start to finish, the song follows Hwimin's high-energy, hook-filled formula. Usually, this lack of innovation would be a criticism. However, familiarity can also be comforting. With so many Western trends infiltrating K-pop's mix, it's kind of a thrill to hear a song that could have just as easily been released back in 2010. Written by HOONY, and Hwimin, "I Mean" is a catchy track with a fast tempo and fun disco sound. The lyrics express an honest and straightforward confession with witty lyrics.

M/V

LYRICS VIDEO

SPECIAL STAGE

//03. No More

↳ by DEUX

composed by: Lee Seokhun

lyrics by: YOOMI

arranged by: EDEN

choreographer: Sehwa

LYRICS VIDEO

//04. The Paradise

↳ by DEUX

composed by: Lee Seokhun

lyrics by: BADA

arranged by: EDEN

LYRICS VIDEO

MORE ,,From DEUX to YOU.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

What's your favorite song?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*