Chapter 38- Caged Heart

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"What?! Really?" He searched around for a mirror as they laughed at his red humiliated face. She took a picture to further tease him and he washed his face immediately after that. They looked at the place which resembled a landfill. Haley's parents would be infuriated by the trash covering their once beautifully decorated house. Fortunately they weren't still there but Haley, Luke and Becky were still missing and there were five other people passed out on the floor.

"Where are your pants, Ry? You slept with someone last night?" Cameron asked looking at a perplexed Ryan.

"I don't know." He replied rubbing his temples. "They must be here somewhere."

"Leave the pants. We have to find Haley and clean this mess up before her parents arrive." Ally said and they set out to search for their friends. They looked inside three empty bedrooms before opening the last one. Cameron pushed the door open and went inside quickly but even more quickly he returned and slammed the door shut.

"They're inside.… And let's just say it's not a good sight to look at." He said with a disgusted face and wobbly hand gestures.

"What happened?"

"They're… naked." He said slowly rubbing a finger on his head.

"Knock a little hard." She suggested.

Cameron was about to do that but suddenly a very annoyed Ryan sighed, pushed them aside to slam on the door yelling, "Hey! You dumb piece of shit! Wake up your mess is all over the place." He yelled a few more profanities before the couple came to the door dressed but embarrassed.

"Hey, you guys." Luke said rubbing the back of his head.

"Look, we have to clean this place up before your parents arrive." Ally looked directly at Haley standing behind. "You're right." Haley muttered and together they all rushed downstairs.

First they woke up all the known and unknown people in the house and showed them the exit. Then Haley took out the garbage bags and they collected the scattered booze bottles, plastic cups, empty wrappers and even torn pieces of clothing. While Ally was in the kitchen arranging the fridge, Haley whispered to her, "Psst."

"What?"

"Guess what happened last night?" She chimed happily swaying the black trash bag in her hands.

"You slept with Luke. Everyone knows." Ally replied nonchalantly.

"Yes! It was so great. The most amazing birthday ever. He was so gentle and patient with me considering it was my first time. And oh my god! He is so sexy naked. I mean-"  

Ally cut her off as she didn't want to listen to any dirty details, "I think that's enough. You don't need to explain it so much. I'm happy for you, Hales."

Haley hugged her putting her bag down, "Aww thank you. I can't believe how lucky I am."

"You are." She murmured to her thinking about her own love less life. She was happy for her friends but she was also jealous of their happy relationship. It had been so easy for them. Their feelings for each other were perfectly timed and mutual since the beginning and most importantly there was no third person in between them. Although she wasn't positive whether she could handle a relationship right now but her friends' happiness made her think positively about the idea.

"Where's Becky?" Ryan entered the kitchen where they were cleaning.

"I think she went home late last night." Haley informed.

"Okay… We're done with the living room. That was the most messed up." He further said and they followed him to the room where Cameron and Luke were laughing on the couch together. She looked around the room, it was cleaner now. Carpet and furniture were rightly placed, the expensive vase was back on the coffee table and even the floor showed no evidence of spilled drinks or spoiled food.