Chapter 1 - whos coming?!

I woke up. That dream felt so surreal. I felt like I was 10 again, with the big house, the sparkling chandeliers, and the bloody body that was dismembered in front of me. I still don't remember what happened, but at this point I don't want to know. That was 8 years ago. I miss momma.

I got up from my extremely uncomfortable bed and stretched. (The kind of stretch that makes your body shake and you feel like your ascending). I grabbed my now clean towel and rang the bell on the stand next to my door, waiting for officer K.
"Early bird gets the worm huh, DJ?" How did he spawn so close to my cell so quick??
"If the worm is real then yes."
He laughed and unlocked the door with a blue keycard and the door swung open.
"I got your have-to-do list from the Big J, you have a busy day today."
"Thanks my guy. Hey, you don't think you can get me a Fiji water bottle, can you? I'm tired of drinking cup water."
"..your always tired of drinking cup water. It's a no, 'The prisoners don't deserve the finest'. Sorry man."
"Jerk."
I watched him chuckle then drop a clipboard near the entrance. He walked away after just tasks at the door. Talk about rude. I picked up the clipboard and started reading off the list.
- Wake all prisoners of -7
- Call N200418FU to make breakfast for the government officials on floor 2: Dining, assist her
- Call AB200418MU and K200418MU to repress and tame -3 and -4 dwellers
- Help AJ200616FU with food for the prisoners
- All head prisoners of each floor report to the lobby office. You may sit in the chairs and eat the snacks that are prepared for you while you wait in Commanding Officer Dog.
- Don't make any noise, and don't be disrespectful to anyone near your quarters.

I walked to the communal closet and picked out my slightly bleached orange jumpsuit with the label 'cleaning day'. I went over to the next cell over and knocked on the cold metal bars.
"N, time to wake up. You have breakfast duty for prisoners and the higher ups. They requested cinnamon rolls and pink lemonade totally healthy and for the prisoners it's our choice. How exciting.""Yeah yeah, I'm up I think." She slowly arose and rubbed her eyes. I walked away from her cell after I heard her mumble and groan as she stood up.

"Hey Abelard, it's time to get up. I know your tired, but the -2nd and -4th floor residents need to be taken care of and the warden gave me the list of things you need to do for them. Also, your helping N with breakfast. That's all you do today.

"Two things: I'm already up, and I'm not a therapist. Find someone else hun."

"Y'know I WAS gonna ask Kalen to join you, but I guess he'll just be by himself dealing with mentally ill prisoners. What a shame."

"I-I'M UP! Hey Y'know just to help a fellow friend out, I'll go wake him up! See you later DJ!"

*And there he goes...*

Abelard practically zoomed outside his cell after he heard Kalen would be working with him today. Abelard was the type to seem skinny but rude, but he was probably the strongest prisoner in Floor -7. Thought he was exceptionally lazy.

I walked down the hall slightly knocking on the iron bars on each side. I heard people groan, yell, and stir, dreading the new day. What choice did we have anyways? I stopped at one specific cell and looked in between the bars. There she was, but I had to be quiet about it. I slowly pushed open the gate, wincing when it let out a low growl. That just made the atmosphere ten times more fitting. For some reason her cell was dark and ominous, even though the light was on. So dramatic. I tiptoed to her bedside and whispered close to her ear.

"Hey, it's time to wake up."

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say anything, and it was an hour ago when I was still asleep."

"Yo mommas here to pick you up bro, you gotta get up."

Her eyes flung her eyes open and scrambled to the closet in her room, pulling out her favorite jumpsuit, professionally died a blue and purple.