chapter 7: beware her imagination

Start from the beginning

she paused in the doorway, noticing allison hiding just under the pool table. she ran up behind the assassin, taking her chance to tackle her to the ground as allison swung a cue stick out to trip her. gunshots sounded out as the pink masked woman tried to get y/n off her. the woman rolled over, squishing y/n to the floor. she shouted loudly in pain as her bullet wound was pressed against. allison gets up to help her, rounding the table to kick the gun away before any more damage can be down to her sister. the assassin, angered, uses the broken cue stick to attack allison. they fought hand to hand for a while before allison received a slap across the face.

diego walked in a moment later, noticing allison laying on the table, lip bleeding.

"think you wanna rumour this psycho?" he taunted, and she glared up at him, touching the blood on her lip.

"i don't need to cause this bitch just pissed me off" allison turned, ready to fight again only to pause. both diego and allison watched in surprise as y/n stood, hands out and eyes black. her hands glowed a bright white light and her expression was one of pure anger.

"leave my family alone!" she spoke, deathly calm. the pink masked woman froze, glowing a softer white than y/n's hands. she dropped the cue sticks, unmoving from her spot however. diego smirked slowly, realising what she was doing. she was controlling her.

the pink masked woman begun walking towards the gun allison had kicked away. she raised it to her head slowly..

but it didn't last as y/n was far too fatigued and her body weakening the more blood she lost, the last thing she could do, knowing she wouldn't be able to do much more was make sure the gun was out of reach. she then collapsed to the floor, powers fading quickly. her two siblings raised their fists again, ready to fight as the woman picked up the cue sticks again.

"we just want the boy" she snarled, walking towards allison.

"oh, well in that case-" she ran forwards and they fought again.

y/n felt numb, her hands were tingling softly and her head pounded. what the hell did she just do? she couldn't find the strength in her to move, she just wanted to rest but she knew she couldn't close her eyes. she noticed the fighting, could hear the sounds but she couldn't pay much attention to it.

"c'mon" diego stepped over, pulling her to her feet. with both siblings supporting her they made their way back out to where luther was fighting the man with the blue mask. they found him lying on the floor after a loud thud and the man had walked away. allison left y/n's side to try and help luther up. diego leaned her against the pillar, checking she was okay to stand before helping allison's lift luther.

"come on, luther, get up"

"you gotta cut down on the fast food soldier" diego teased, heaving with the effort to lift their brother. luther was the first to notice the woman with the pink mask, standing on the upper level. she cut the line holding the chandelier up and luther shoved his siblings aside to avoid them getting hurt.

"luther!" allison called, watching as the chandelier dropped on him. the lights smashed to the floor and the masked people escaped.

the three siblings watched luther slowly stand, his shirt ripping off and revealing his hairy, muscular upper body. it was to the point he didn't look exactly human anymore.

"holy shit" diego murmured, shocked.

luther stared at allison for moment, taking in her reaction before storming past diego up the stairs. she then noticed vanya in the doorway to the parlour, walking over. they both stared at each other, shell shocked.

"did you know?" vanya asked cautiously, referring to luther.

"no.." allison frowned. as diego moved to check on grace, y/n now slumped on the floor, having fainted. the stress on her body too much.

————————————————–

y/n woke up with a pounding headache. she was still on the floor.

she stumbled into the parlour as she heard shouts. she noticed diego first, he was yelling at vanya who sat on the couch.

"no, you could have been killed!" he jabbed a finger towards her aggressively. "or gotten any of us killed.."

there was a pause as allison looked up at him now from her spot on the table, "she is a liability" he then walked away.

"allison?" vanya knew what she was thinking. he was right.

"i think what he's trying to say.. is this kinda stuff is dangerous" she was defending him. "you're just-"

"not like you" vanya finished, bitterly. she nodded sadly as allison doesn't disagree before standing and walking away.

"no that's not what i- vanya wait!" allison stood up too, following her.

"vanya" y/n gently holds her hand, still disoriented.

"let her go" diego called from his seat on the couch. vanya smiled softly, pulling her hand from y/n's grip before stepping out. as she closed the door behind her y/n turned on diego. "it's for the best"

"let her go? diego we cant-" she stepped into the room, nobody noticing yet that her shirt hadn't been that dark at the start of the day.

"the only reason you still protect her, eight, is because she didn't write shit about you in her stupid book" he glared up at her now.

she scoffed, "stupid book? diego, if its so stupid then why so you care so much? you need to get over it"

"oh shut up with your bigger person act, you wouldn't be defending her if she wrote about your worst moments" he laughed sarcastically, standing up to hover over her.

"worst moments? oh god, diego your worst moment is right. now." she jabbed her finger into his chest and he took a slight step backwards. "did you ever think about why she wrote that book? she wanted you all to be empathetic, to see how wrong you all are but you've all got your heads so far up your ass i don't think you have a single empathetic bone in your body! do you even care about our family? do you even care about me..? you're all.. ass.. holes" diego frowned as she begun to sway, voice getting unusually weak. he quickly grabbed onto her as she collapsed.

"what's wrong?" allison stepped over, gasping as she noticed the blood on y/n's shirt. "mom!"

pogo stepped into the room, "come quickly"

as pogo fixed her up, bandaging her they thought about what she said.

did they care?