When am I gonna see him next?

I laughed. I sensed some glares on me.
Did I laugh too loudly?
People might have taken me for a lunatic. Well, it's okay! I don't care.

I am silly anyway.

I danced a bit as I walked. For some unknown reason I was feeling happy.

Perfect morning.

As I got near school, I spotted some students of mine near the entrance. They were staring open mouthed at me.
Don't tell me they saw me walking like a mad woman.
I knew I was a terrible dancer, but I couldn't help it.

"Ma'am, you look so happy today!!" Rea, one among them said as I got near them.
"I guess so". I laughed gently.
"Even you were dancing while walking!! That was so unlike you," another girl said.
I blushed from top to bottom out of embarrassment.

"Oh god! Don't tell anyone you guys saw me dancing,it's so embarrassing! " I covered my face out of embarrassment.
"You look so pretty today!. Even, your clothes look new, don't tell us you got a boyfriend Ma'am." A boy among them said.
"Of course not!! " I said, patting his head.
"Of course yes!! " They sang together.
Somebody save me.!!!
"Let's go to class, or else we're gonna be late" I said changing the topic.
These children were intolerable.

_________

"Thank you ",I said, taking the lunch tray. It was lunch break and I was in the cafeteria.
I walked towards my usual place and sat down.
"Hey", Rita said as she sat down next to me.
She was a fellow colleague of mine as well my closest friend. She taught History, while I taught geography.
" What's up? How's class?" I asked her while we ate.
" Like always, not so boring but not so enjoyable."
" Okay... it will become boring soon. Terminals are gonna start in a week"
"Yep"
I sighed.
"You know... last day Mr. Jones asked me out."
"Are You kidding me? " I said in a surprised tone. Mr. Jones was the mathematics teacher at our school. He was young and was favored by both students and teachers as well.
" No!!! I said yes. "
"What? Really? I am so happy for you"
" I know that you would be happy for me. Don't make it a big news. "
" Ok--"
"MA'AM"
Our conversation was suddenly interrupted by a shouting from the other side.

What's happening.?

We both washed our hands and ran towards their direction.

"What's wrong?", I asked the kids.
"Ma'am, something is wrong with David. He can't breathe." One among them said in a panicked voice. A sick looking boy was lying on the table with his face turned towards us.

" Are you okay, David?", I asked, touching his forehead. It was burning hot.
He murmured something that we couldn't understand.
"I think it is something serious, we better call for an ambulance." Rita said, taking her phone out.
"Yeah.. "

The ambulance came soon and we took the boy to the hospital. I was afraid that something bad might happen before we could reach the hospital. Fortunately, we made it there by time.

"What's wrong with him?, "we asked the doctor.
"Don't worry ,It's just an allergic reaction. He might have been exposed to something that he is allergic to. Seeing the symptoms, I think it is food allergy. He might need to rest for a day.. We have given him an injection, so he will wake up in a few minutes." The doctor told us before going over to the next patient.

"I have contacted David's parents, they will arrive shortly, Elaina" Mr. Jones, who came shortly after us informed me. Outside school we mentioned each other casually itself.
"I hope he will be okay soon." I said, watching the boy sleeping peacefully .David was an active and cheerful student in my class. I wondered what he was allergic to.
Poor kid.