Alone... at the edge of a universe, humming a tune...

T.W.: mention of death

Techno had been sitting at the edge of a cliff with Ranboo, and surprisingly Tubbo, overlooking a sunset. The piglin and the satyr had been gaining a mutual respect for each other after being forced to hang out by Tommy and Ranboo. Techno could admit that Tubbo wasn't that bad. Tubbo even offered to bring Techno to Snowchester to see Michael.

So the three of them were sitting there, mostly just enjoying the quiet. It was a nice distraction from Tommy being stuck in Pandora's Vault.

"I wonder sometimes," Tubbo hummed softly, "if Tommy went back to L'manburg, do you think it would still be standing?"

Techno scoffed, "Nah. Dream had those TNT duplicators, as well as my withers and army of dogs."

"Oh yeah the dogs!" Tubbo laughed.

"So many dogs died." Techno chuckled lightly.

Ranboo smiled softly, his tail flicking, "I like to think we'd all still be friends."

"I'd like that too." Techno hummed.

The three fell into silence again, watching as the sun sunk lower in the sky. It was peaceful.

Then their comms buzzed.

Tubbo got to his first. His eyes went wide at the message. He let out a scream that he couldn't hear through his shock.

Ranboo felt frozen, as if his heart had been submerged in water and left to burn. It couldn't be possible, it shouldn't be possible. Yet there it was. A death message.

Techno felt numb. After everything, all the work Tommy put in to get stronger physically and mentally. All of it was gone.

Dream had killed Tommy.

Tubbo kept screaming, tears falling freely down his face. Ranboo snapped out of his frozen state, pulling Tubbo into a hug. The younger boys tears burned him, but he didn't care. It was nothing compared to the pain he felt burning in his chest.

Techno stood swiftly, marching off toward the prison. Someone was going to pay. Pay for Tommy's life, for making his friends cry, for breaking their family. They would pay.

~~~

T

ommy sat with his hands folded in his lap, taking deep breaths. In, and out. Just like Techno taught him. In, and out. In, and out.

"Tommy."

The boy kept his eyes closed, not that it would make a difference in the darkness. He just kept breathing.

"Tommy."

Just breathe.

"Tommy!"

A hand on his shoulder made him jump away.

"GET AWAY DREAM!" Tommy shouted.

There was a moment of silence.

"Ayy man, don't scare the little dude."

"Who gives a-" there was a burp, "fuck? GLATT."

"I give a fuck." A face came into Tommy's view, "Tommy? It's me, Wilbur."

Tommy's eyes went wide, "Wilbur..."

The older nodded, "what are you doing in limbo?"

Tommy looked away, "I died. Dream killed me."

"Oh." Wilbur looked over Tommy, "you look different."

"I've been living with Techno for a while. After I got exiled." Tommy told him.

Wilbur hummed and nodded, sitting down in front of Tommy, "Competitive solitaire?"

"FUCK OFF! GLATT."

"Ayy man chill! Let the man live his life."

"We're fucking dead. GLATT."

Wilbur gave a short sigh, "would you two shut up! I swear, these two will drive you insane."

Tommy didn't say anything. The weight of it was starting to hit him. He was dead. Dream had killed him.

"Tommy? Are you okay?" Wilbur asked.

"I'm fine!" Tommy snapped, turning away.

"Ayy, it's okay to cry little man."

"I'm not-!" Tommy's voice broke, "I'm not crying!"

"Yeah? Well strap in kid, cause limbo's boring as fuck. GLATT."

"It's not that bad." Wilbur said, placing another card, "if you don't mind the neverending tunnels that never have an exit."

"Well, I'm in a gym. GLATT."

"I'm just chillin~"

Tommy let his head fall into his arms. He couldn't see anything. Just inky darkness. All he could do was breathe. In, and out. In, and out...