CHAPTER 16

Chapter 16 – What to Do, It Seems Like the Damsel Has Saved the Hero This Time

Xiao Nian was still in class when he returned to the dormitory, Wei Ru Song thought he should still inform Xiao Nian, as they had a curfew, they would receive demerits if found breaking the curfew.

When Xiao Nian was back with food, Wei Ru Song sat on his seat docilely, smiling at Xiao Nian.

“Junior, you have any plans for Christmas?”

“No, what about you, Senior?”

“My classmates have invited me to a bar to pick up girls.”

Wei Ru Song observed Xiao Nian’s expression carefully, Xiao Nian was never one to wear his heart on his sleeve. Xiao Nian did not reply immediately, only to speak up after awhile.

“Ok, be careful, here’s your food.”

Xiao Nian turned to switch his computer on and played his game, leaving Wei Ru Song staring at the back of his head. Having known each other for awhile, Wei Ru Song felt that Xiao Nian was a little unhappy, so he quickly explained sincerely.

“It’s not that I’m being unkind by not inviting you, it’s just that if you were to go, all the girls would pay attention to you, how would the other guys have any chances at all.” ​

“Ok.”

“Are you unhappy?”

“No.”

Wei Ru Song placed his hand on Xiao Nian’s shoulder and poked his pretty face with a finger.

“Play nice.”

Thinking about it he was also quite scummy, after all Xiao Nian was interested in him, he still mentioned that he was going to meet girls in front of him, although Wei Ru Song never had the intention of meeting any girls, he did not know if Xiao Nian’s youthful crystal heart had shattered because of this wound inflected by Wei Ru Song.

“Which bar are you going to?”

“Romantic, just by the North Junction.”

“Be careful.”

“Yeah yeah,” Wei Ru Song laughed and patted Xiao Nian’s shoulder. “What do I have to be careful about as a guy?”

Xiao Nian looked at Wei Ru Song with an undecipherable expression, causing shivers down Wei Ru Song’s spine.

Wei Ru Song liked to watch livestreams of video games, Xiao Nian would also join him, when Wei Ru Song was rolling on the floor laughing, Xiao Nian just looked like he did not get the humour, Wei Ru Song looked extremely silly next to him.

“Hah– Why are you not laughing haha-“

Maybe it was to give Wei Ru Song some face, Xiao Nian’s lips curved, showing a stiff smile.

“Isn’t it time for you to leave?”

“Ah? Ha– Oh! Yeah it’s nearly 10pm- I’m going now! Remember to help me like the stream– Love you muacks muacks MUACKS!”

Wei Ru Song pursed his lips and blew Xiao Nian a few kisses, disgustingly acting cute towards him, this time Xiao Nian really smiled, his brows smooth, his eyes crescent, the scene mesmerising, Wei Ru Song escaped feeling as though he had embarrassed himself.

“How about Xiao Nian? You can actually bear to leave him waiting alone in the dormitory?” Huang Fan asked amazedly.

“Didn’t you ask me not to bring him?” Wei Ru Song wanted to stop this topic. “Why should we bring him along?”