Strange Attraction

Loki POV:

"Okay, fine," Elizabeth defended at my dangerous expression, her curious, amber eyes wide. "You. I'm trying to get rid of you, is what I'm saying."

I erased my expression back to smug derision, knowing it made the girl uncomfortable how quickly my mood could shift. I quickly erased any admiration I may or may not have felt toward her when she immediately accepted my change in gender, something I doubted most Asgardians could have done. She even felt guilty and worried about misgendering me. Me! Her kidnapper! Admiration was not something I should be feeling toward a prisoner, I reminded myself.

"Does it seem at all possible that you could get rid of me?" I asked, rolling my eyes to deflect any emotion Elizabeth may have detected.

"Not really, to be honest, but that never stops me from trying," she retorted in an instant, tossing her wild, tawny curls.

"Well, at least you know your limitations," I sniffed, secretly impressed by her brutal honesty (and refusing to dwell on her untamed hair). No one could lie to the God of Lies, but that never stopped many fools from attempting. No matter, though; I had business to attend to.

I rested my scepter on the table. "Have you finished deliberating on the matter of our deal?"

Elizabeth nodded, but a peek into her mind revealed that she had completely forgotten about it. She made up her mind in that instant, much to my amusement. Holding back a derisive smile, I pulled away from her thoughts while she sifted through conditions.

"Yeah. Okay, I have some conditions. Can- uh- let's talk about them," she stuttered. I smiled at the reminder of how much it irked her to ask for permission.

"Of course. Allow me to present my terms," I proposed.

Elizabeth stood up straight. "No."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Allow me to present my terms," she insisted. I must admit, I was beginning to admire her spirit. But only to the extent of an entertaining pet, of course. Nothing more.

I smiled indulgently. "But of course, Elizabeth. What are you thinking?"

The girl stood silent for a moment. I believe she was surprised at me giving in so easily, but she could also have been making up conditions on the spot.

"Okay. Here they are." Here she shot a warning look my way, as if telling me not to interrupt. "One: In exchange for a place to sleep in that includes a bed (with a mattress and pillows; I'm not stupid), I will work on your machine for you like I've been doing. Two, in exchange for actually being allowed to sleep in that bed for a reasonable amount of time each night, I will do that work with as little complaint as possible. Three, if you tell your goon over there to let me go to the bathroom, and take a shower every once in a while, I'll..." she paused, thinking, then shook her head dismissively. "Actually, I don't know what I could do in exchange for that."

It was like a candle lit in my mind, too good of an opportunity to resist. I gave her a sideways smirk.

"I have a few ideas," I purred.

I expected her to give me that adorably shocked look, followed by that combination of discomfort and annoyance that I had come to know so well. Instead, however, she shot me a glare that, if looks could kill, would have sent me to Helheim. She was barely phased anymore, at least outwardly. Her mind, however, was currently running through a list of very unladylike phrases.