"We don't want to be the first there, wait."

And we wait thirty more minutes, the street quickly fills with cars.

We finally leave the car and I regret not bringing a jacket because it's freezing in Georgia tonight. We walk closer to Nathaniel's house and the music grows louder and louder, but it isn't loud enough to annoy the distant neighbors.

No one bats an eye as we enter the house. Shanice is right, Nathaniel isn't here yet.

He is late to his own parties? Better for us, I guess.

Some people finally notice Irène, but they don't care much. She is just a girl with drugs that got caught. It's not like none of the people here do drugs, they just don't have such immense quantities in their dorms.

Irène is already looking for alcohol but I know I'm not drinking anything tonight.

Someone taps me on my shoulder and I quickly turn around. A tall girl with black hair is staring at me.

"And you are?" she asks intimidatingly.

"I am-"

Irène interrupts me. "We know Nathaniel, he invited us.

"I'm his girlfriend, and I know all the people he knows."

Well, I'm glad she doesn't seem to know about Irène and her problem with Nathaniel.

"There are like twenty people here, and more are coming. Are you sure you know all of us?" Irène gives her a condescending look. "Sorry, Amanda, you've only been dating him for two weeks."

I widen my eyes in surprise and amusement but I quickly compose my face when she looks at me.

A guy from the other side of the living room calls Amanda.

To our surprise, she lets it slide and quickly runs to him.

"So you know everything," I point out.

"Shanice told me."

"You've been spending a lot of time with her lately. Isn't she sad you got expelled?" I ask her.

"We kissed a few times here and there. Nothing of importance."

It didn't seem so to me.

"My love, Veronica!" Dominic exclaims behind me and I quickly wrap my arms around him.

Shanice is standing next to him, looking at Irène and I can feel that Irène wants to kiss her but Shanice still looks uncomfortable with people knowing about her sexuality.

More and more people are finding out and it's making her nervous that the word will get out to her parents.

"I'm surprised you are here," Dominic says.

"How could I not? Who doesn't love stinky hormonal people?"

Dominic laughs and hugs me tighter.

"Let me get you a drink."

"No, thank you. I drank on New Year's Eve enough for the whole year."