Part 5 = Pepper and Rhodey.

Author's note | I'm so sorry for the long wait. I lost inspiration and almost gave up on this story. But I didn't. (Yay me 😅) Here is part 5. Enjoy.
__________________________________________

"I'm sorry Pep. I've been a little busy."
"Being busy doesn't excuse that you haven't gone to work for the last four days." Pepper sounded mad. Like always.

"Man, when was the last time you had a shower? You look like shit." That was Rhodey. Tony had an offended face on. Peter giggled a bit behind a wall and hid away quickly, hoping Tony didn't hear him, but of course he did. "Kid, I heard you. Come out of there, I want you to meet my friends." Tony said. Peter slowly approached them, hands behind his back and his head low. "Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt." Peter said quietly. "It's okay. Now, come here. Peter, meet Pepper and Rhodey."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you." Rhodey said and shook his hand. Pepper didn't. She only looked at Tony. Furiously. Peter was a little uncomfortable. "Hey miss Pepper. I'm Peter." This time Pepper turned to him. She gave Peter a small smile that looked fake. "Could you give us a moment, please?" She said and took Tony's hand, leading them out of the room.

"Don't worry, they've always been like that. So um, how old are you?" Rhodey asked Peter. To him, Peter looked very young. "I'm 24. Turning 25 in August." "You're 24? You look like you're 12" Peter tried not to take it personally. He knew he looked young. Rhodey continued. "Why are you here anyway? Last time I checked Tony didn't like having guests over."

"Oh he doesn't? Why?" Peter wondered.
"Oh, you know.. He's-" Before Rhodey could finish, Pepper came back to the room where they were. Oh she was furious. More than she was earlier. Pepper stopped in front of Peter and took a deep breath trying to calm down before she began to talk. "Leave the house while you can, Peter. It's not safe here. He's not who you think he is." Pepper looked worried, maybe a bit sad. Peter wanted to know why. More importantly, he wanted to know what Rhodey was going to say about Tony.

Speaking of Tony, he also came back to the room. But this time he looked.. different. Angry maybe? Frustrated? Peter didn't know. Whatever it was, Peter didn't like that look on Tony. It cave him shivers, and not the kind of shivers he liked. Pepper and Rhodey both turned to look at Tony as well. "Tony. I know what you're going to say-'' Tony gave Pepper a really angry face interrupting her and she raised her hands a bit as if surrounding. She looked scared of him. "No, Pepper. I don't want to hear it. I want you to leave. You too Rhodey. Jarvis? Lead them to the door, please." "Yes sir. Miss Potts, Mr. Rhodes, this way please. "

Pepper just stared at Tony coldly for a second before leaving. Rhodey started to leave too but he changed his mind. He turned back to Peter fast and took a hold of his arm. "Be careful, Peter. Don't make him angry. You don't know what he is capable of." With that, Rhodey took his arm off of Peter and left the house.

Tony didn't look pleased while he watched the door. He had this sourful look on his face. But he changed it to a happier one, when he turned to look at Peter. "C'mon Pete, let's go do something more fun, yeah?" It wasn't really a question, but a command. "What was that all about?" Peter questioned. Peter thought it was really weird. He has never experienced something like this before.

"Oh nothing, don't worry your pretty little head about it." It was pretty obvious that Tony avoided it. "Anyway, would you Like to see my lab, sweetie?"
__________________________________________

Author's note | So.. What did you think? I'm really sorry for the long wait. 🥲 hope you enjoyed. 😁 There (maybe) will be a next chapter. Byeee.