Chapter 30 - The Decision

Start from the beginning

The moment his father followed his wife's instruction he immediately understood, his face changed right way.

"They are Ashwin's? " he asked

Sivaangi just nodded her head without replying.

"Avanukku theriyuma?" he asked again

"Theriyum, but ippodhaan, when he came in search of me to SG" she replied

"I know I have so much explanation to do, but before that" Sivaangi paused.

"Niththu, Miththu, idhu thatha, paati" she said introducing them to their grand parents

"Hello" both of them said meekly, not knowing what to do.

"Are you both Ashwineyy's parents? " asked Mithra mustering up courage

"Aama da en thangame, en kitta varuviya? " asked Ashwin's mother opening her arms, unable to control that over bearing maternal feeling that had been surging inside of her from the moment she laid eyes on those munchkins.

They both looked at their mother for approval, once Sivaangi gave the nod they walked towards her.

Mithra looked at her grand father with a grim look, she slowly moved towards him 

"Thatha, you look handsome just like appa, but don't keep your face like that, say cheese" she said pulling the older man's cheeks with her tiny hands making him smile right away.

"En chellame" he said hugging her tight.

"You also look beautiful paati" Nethra said hugging her grandmother's neck.

"Evalo azhaga pesaraanga rendu perum, eppadima unakku manasu vandhuchu to rob us of this pleasure" asked Ashwin's mother whilst tears rolling down her eyes.

"Paati, please don't cry, did I hug your neck tightly? sorry" said Nethra seeing her cry.

"Ayo, illa thangame, nee onnum pannala da" said his mother kissing the little one on her cheeks.

Sivaangi's face evidently showed guilt, she robbed these two gentle souls the pleasure of grand parenthood for a mistake she did, whatever happened between her and Ashwin, these two people don't deserve this at all.

"I am so sorry aunty, uncle, kovam kanna marachiduchu, there are so many reasons behind why I did it, but none of it seems worthy enough to have caused you this pain, enna dhayavu senju mannichidunga" said Sivaangi her eyes too filling with tears seeing the plight of the elderly couple.

"But I promise inime nenga kandippa avanga life la irupeenga, they are yours, neenga aasa theera avangala unga ishtapadi valakalaam, naan kurukka vara maaten" she added

"Also, this is no mistake of Ashwin, it was solely my doing and mine alone, please avaru mela kovichukaadheenga" she finished tears still rolling down her eyes.

Both the parents looked at guilt driven Sivaangi, their heart started melting at the sight

"Seri viduma, I am not going to ask any details, but one question, ippo nee vandhirkardhu permanent ah va? illa eppadi? " asked Ashwin's father while giving his glasses to Mithra to play with.

Ashwin' mother to looked at her expectantly.

"Therila uncle, I am not sure whether our society is evolved enough to accept me as it is, despite being out of sight and out of mind for years, I could see some curious eyes at the airport today, neraya insults face panniten when I was pregnant with them, which is one of the reason why I left the country, I am not sure whether I have the strength to face all those again" replied Sivaangi skeptically.