"Nope. Just waiting for my friend to get rid of garbage." I said keeping my calm but I could hear my heart that was beating at a super high speed. It happens whenever he is around.

"Hehh. She can do better." he said shaking his head. And both of us turned our attention toward Alex and Valerie who were acting like two idiots, talking and laughing.

"What are you doing here?? Didn't expect you'd be here." I said not making any sort of eye contact.

"Why?? It's Christmas. What are you doing here???" he said casually, not making eye contact.

"Well.... I happen to love Santa." I said.

"Really??" he said turning towards me and there it was, the deadly eye contact. His forest green eyes met my doe brown eyes and whooshhhhhhh...... FIREWORKS in my heart, stomach and mind. But I gained back my composure quickly before he said, "And Santa loves you. Doesn't he??"

"Yes. Atleast someone loves me back." I said sarcastically.

"OHHKAAYY. You know you don't have to be like this. I have my reasons and we can be friends." he said seriously standing in front of me, blocking my view of Valex.

"That's the thing Derek. I don't want to be friends with you." I said in a tone that made him upset I guess because he moved away from my way as I walked past him towards Valerie. But she was nowhere to be seen. Neither her nor Alex.

"Where did they go???" I muttered under my breath.

"Guess she likes garbage." he said. "And you're stuck with me."

I closed my eyes tightly in anger in an attempt to restrain my anger.

"What is your problem?? You don't want to be together. Fine. But don't do this. Don't stick around trying to be friends, because I don't want to be just a friend. I want more. And you've made it perfectly clear that you're not interested due to God-knows-what-reasons. So just go and leave me alone." I said in one singe breath before releasing the breath that I was holding.

Derek stared at me longer than I anticipated. His eyes were trying to say something but his lips were sealed shut. I knew that he didn't like my inevitable outburst but what was I supposed to do. I cannot be near him if he wants to be nothing more than just friends. I don't want to be 'friendzoned' by the guy who I have feelings for. Nobody in the entire universe wants that.

I hate myself for snapping at him but he brought this upon him. I know he likes me. Every bone in his toned body, every breath he takes with me around, everytime he looks at me with longing green eyes, everything he does for me, everything screams louder than possible that he likes me. But he just won't admit. After staring at me for infinity, he turned around and left the fair.

My Christmas mood was completely spoiled at this moment. Valerie was gone, Liam didn't show up, Derek was gone too. I felt extremely upset and hurt. I looked around one last time hoping to see Valerie but she wasn't there. I decided to have some plum cake and egg nog before leaving.

While I was eating my supper at the farthest end of the ground, I heard some noise from behind the bushes. At first I ignored the voices as I was too much engrossed in the voices inside my head screaming to apologize to Derek. But then the voices grew louder.

In my attempt to listen to it, I realized those weren't just voices. Those were moans coming from behind the bushes.

"What the actual HELL???" I muttered. And the wise choice should have been to leave the moaning parties alone. But you know what I did. I went behind the bushes slowly and steadily to find out who they are, only to find that my best friend is making out with none other than Alex.

The moment I saw them lying on the ground, tangled in each other, their tongues down each other's throats, I screamed. Loud enough to startle them and not loud enough to attract the attention of the crowd. They immediately stopped making out and stood from the ground fixing their clothes and hair while I stood their with wide eyes and an open mouth. Valerie gave me an apologetic smile while Alex, being Alex was smirking like an arsehole.

"Seriously???" I whisper screamed at Valerie to which she fixed her eyes on the ground.

I was really annoyed by this time, especially because of Derek, and I really think I am gonna take out all the anger on my best friend. I realized immediately that taking out someone else's anger on another is a wrong thing to do, so I restrained all the anger inside me and decided to act coolly.

"You left me alone for this?? For him??" I said in an irritated tone.

"No ofcourse not. I would never do that." Valerie said walking towards me. "I saw you talking to Derek so I left you alone-

Valerie was interrupted in between by Alex who was so not interested in our girl heart to heart. He walked towards Valerie giving her a side hug and a kiss on her cheek. I was so damn shocked to see such a gesture from the douchebag. Valerie, too, was surprised.

"Not to be rude but I don't wanna be part of the teen drama. Sooo. Goodbye and I'll see you later." he said gesturing the last part to Valerie and left.

________________________________________

"Look I saw you with Derek so I kept hanging out with Alex. Then he took me to the food table and we grabbed glasses of egg nog.... and we were chatting and laughing and then I had a spot of egg nog on my upper lips and he touched me to wipe it.... and you know..." Valerie made a desperate face trying to explain the turn of events. I, on the other hand, was keeping a straight face on the outside but was literally laughing like a maniac on the inside.

"The URGE??" I said confirming.

"Yes...... the stupid urge." Valerie covered her face with her palms.

I started laughing, "OMG!!! look at you. C'mon Vallie, it's fine. You're living your life. You're allowed to have fun. I'm not upset at you for leaving me. Truly."

"God. Thanks for not hating me. Btw what was Derek saying??" she asked curiously and I sighed.

"Let's go back to the dorm, order some pizza, then I'll tell you my short encounter with Mr. Broody." I said with a sad face and Valerie quickly covered me in her warm embrace.

_________________________

HELLO READERS,

Here is a new new new chapter of ALWAYS BETTER TOGETHER for you all. This is chapter number 30 and I am so damn glad to have reached here. I mean I didn't expect the story would be loved so much. Also we have crossed 2k reads and more than 100 votes which is an accomplishment. I am very happy. Thankyou all very much for reading and voting and loving ATB with all your heart. I am truly grateful.

Coming to this chapter, this one contains a few VALEX moments and our most favourite Amarra-Derek bitter-sweet banter. I know Liam's missing from the past two chapters but he will return soon in the upcoming chapters.

Enjoy reading folks.

With Love

Preeti.