Chapter 1- Backstory

Start from the beginning

Often, I would bug my father about energybending, in my soul I felt like I needed to learn this ability.

My father would tell me that it was impossible for me to learn energybending, only if I was born a million centuries ago or if I was the Avatar.

But I am the granddaughter of an Avatar. So that basically makes me an Avatar; kinda? No? Okay, I guess that's not how it works.

My father made some reconstruction because I was really invested in energybending, so I was sent off to the Fire Nation to live with Firelord Zuko for a while.

Firelord Zuko and I were besties, we would be in the palace library for hours, reading scrolls about anything we could find on energybending.

Energybending is the ability to bend another person's life energy. It predates the four main bending arts, the formation of the four nations, as well as the creation of the Avatar.

Before the Avatar came into existence and the separation of the four nations, the lion turtles bent the energy within humans and themselves in order to grant them the ability to bend one of the four elements.

However, after the lion turtles renounced their roles as protectors of mankind, energybending was no longer used to grant people bending, and the knowledge of energybending was almost completely lost.

By 100 AG, there was only one lion turtle left with the ability to energybend who later passed down the ability to Avatar Aang, who used it to remove Phoenix King Ozai's firebending.

It seemed like I wasn't made to energy bend. But why was I born with these rare stormbending abilities? It just doesn't make sense.

I let my obsession with energybending go, maybe one day, I'd miraculously be able to take someone's bending away for good. For example, someone as bad as Firelord Ozai.

To be honest, I missed my times in the Fire Nation, I was really happy there, I loved being treated like royalty and seeing Prince Iroh like everyday.

I had a huge crush on Prince Iroh, I mean look at him, who wouldn't?

My vacation was cut short in the Fire Nation, when my father was informed that my energybending training had been stopped long ago and wouldn't be resumed.

When heard about the news, my father quickly picked me up from the Fire Nation and we returned back to Republic City.

I was beyond pissed about this move, I really loved the Fire Nation and the people in it.

Ever since my return to Republic City, I hadn't been the same. I would never wear my air nomad clothing or follow the rituals, and we all know my father is a big culture guy.

My father knew how much I hated going to his City Hall meetings, so he would use that as my punishment, anytime I was disobedient.

One day, Lin Beifong had picked me up the City Hall and brought me to the police headquarters to examine the life as an officer in the city, when there was an attack.

The attackers had dressed up as the elite metalbending police team. I was the only one to recognize this, I followed them around the headquarters when they threw a bomb at the top two floors.

The fake metalbenders took a run for it, but not before throwing a fire match at me and a bunch of the evidence from the explosive.

Yup, I was framed for blowing up two floors of the police headquarters.

No one seemed to believe me when I had told them what had truly happened, there was no record of anyone sneaking into the building, and I was the only person who was let in that day.

Soon after, I had to apologize to the police force publicly and help rebuild the station which took almost a year. After that year was over my father decided to send me off to my grandmother and Aunt Kya for a while.

Before leaving, I had pleaded to my father to believe me and find out who really did this, because I was being blamed for something I didn't do.

He said he believed me and would look more into it, but I still had to stay in the South because if not, I would be in prison for the crime.

Living in the South Pole was alright, I met the next Avatar, she was really cool. I never got to meet my Grandfather, but I guess he was Korra in some sort of way.

After years of being in the South, my father reported back to me and gran gran, that my name had been cleared up and that the criminals who had bombed the headquarters had finally been caught and put in prison.

Now my family were soon going to be arriving to live in the South for a little so my father could teach Korra airbending.

I was meh about it. Who am I kidding, I'm excited to finally be with my family again.