Their hearts raced on sight. They felt as if the dough was lively, or like it would come alive at any moment. However, the feeling disappeared when they looked closely. It still felt extraordinary.

There were puppets and all sorts of animals on the table. Li Nianfan and the others made them from kneading dough. However, it was easy to differentiate. After all, the dough kneaded by the others was too ugly. Not only were they ugly, they were tragic to look at compared to what Li Nianfan made. The difference was too obvious.

Ziye stared closely at a puppet kneaded by Li Nianfan. She could only detect a hint of powerful aura from it. It meant that her level was still too low. She was not worthy enough to understand the wisdom within it.

The dough must have contained some sort of wisdom, and it was far beyond Ziye's comprehension. The Insights from his dough were way higher than the others. It was subtle and mysterious. It seemed like the expert was not trying to preach. It was more like...a creation!

'Perhaps this dough is a kind of...super powerful Spiritual Treasure?'

Ziye guessed in her mind. Suddenly, Li Nianfan casually placed the puppet dough into the steamer. He steamed it...

Li Nianfan noticed that Ziye was dumbfounded while she was looking at the steamer. He had to laugh as he asked, "Goddess Ziye, what are you looking at? Do you like this puppet dough?"

Ziye snapped out of it. She hurriedly replied, "Mr. Li, that puppet dough's well-made. I unconsciously had to look at it."

Li Nianfan laughed. He shook his head and said, "Actually, it tastes better than it looks. Goddess Ziye, if you like it, I'll give some to you later."

Xiao Bai came over with a tray to serve them tea as well as a fruit platter. "Please, enjoy, guests."

The three of them thanked it at the same time, "Thanks, Xiao Bai."

They looked slightly ashamed. They were embarrassed to receive free food and drinks.

Daji took out her handkerchief and carefully wiped Li Nianfan's hand. The two of them walked together and sat down.

Li Nianfan smiled and asked, "Is there any reason why you're all here?"

Qin Manyun put her words together and said, "Mr. Li, I'm here to invite you to an end-of-the-year event hosted by cultivators."

Li Nianfan had a realization. He asked, intrigued, "Ha, what a coincidence. I just heard someone talking about this today. Since when did cultivators start getting interested in end-of-the-year events?"

Qin Manyun saw that Li Nianfan had laughed. It seemed like he was not against it. She was immediately thrilled. She said, "Actually...We just did. It's lonely being cultivators so we wanted to gather and create some events. It just so happens to be the end of the year, so we're just doing it together."

She paused, bit her lip, and said, "Apart from battles, we have dance performances. I will be performing with my zither, too."

"You'll be performing on stage, too?"

Li Nianfan looked at Qin Manyun weirdly. She was quite prestigious. It seemed like the event would be very formal if she was going to show up and perform.

Qin Manyun nodded. She asked excitedly, "Mr. Li, are you going to come? I practiced hard on 'Ambush' and 'High Mountains and Flowing Water'."

Li Nianfan smiled and said, "Since Lady Manyun already said so, it makes no sense if I don't go."

Qin Manyun and Gu Xirou were overjoyed. They hurriedly said, "We'll pick you up for the event, then."

Li Nianfan laughed. He said smugly, "No need to do so. I don't need to rely on the skyship anymore."