And my worst nightmare came into being. To be cheated on. It was my boyfriend who lied that he was sick and wanted to rest so he couldn’t attend the party tonight. His grey eyes widened in shock, and his lips opened and closed like a fish. Unable to control myself, I slapped him before I could think twice. I felt my hand sting after I was done with him.

“Don’t ever contact me again, jerk!”

I remember rushing out of the club sobbing heavily, not caring if my make-up was ruined. I heard my friends calling me but I was going through a massive heartbreak to even pay them any attention. It hurts more when it is your first relationship. Walking on an empty highway, I tried to calm down but my mind was not having it. It seemed to be in shock. The scene at the club kept playing in my mind, torturing me more than before. My head started to throb making me halt in my steps and crouched, holding my head. I stayed in the same position for a while when I felt my head is less throbbing I stood up straight only to stumble on my feet. A sudden episode of dizziness hit me due to the amount of alcohol I chugged down in the club. The alcohol was kicking in my system and I felt bile rising in my throat. My vision blurring making it difficult for me to focus on my surroundings. I saw a bright light thrown my way and heard loud honking. Panicking I tried moving my feet, but instead, I staggered here and there. While loud honking was nearing me making my body froze with fear.

That’s when I heard a voice amid all the chaos,

“Esme! Esme!,”

My ears were ringing with the loud honking aiming at me and the bright light making me go blind. I tried moving my body as the truck kept nearing me. Warm tears rolled down my cheeks as my body had gone into shock and was locked. I closed my eyes accepting my fate.

I was going to die.

That’s what was running in my mind when I was suddenly and roughly yanked to the side. And felt a gush of air pass by me in a whoosh, throwing my loose hair in the air. My cheek came in contact with a chest as I collided and a hand came down to lock me in their arms.

“Are you okay?”, the voice of my saviour rang in my ear.

Moving back, I looked up at them to find it was Kian. My insides loosen up which were knotted in fear and I sighed in relief but only to ruin the moment by vomiting my gut out.

...........End Of Flashback........

Sighing softly, I wrapped the muffler around my neck and fell in step with my colleagues. I listened to what they were talking about and didn’t feel the need to find a common ground to talk about. As they were just usual women talking about men, clothes and makeup. I so put a point here and there to be involved in their chatting. I was a chatty person but they were way more talkative than me, it felt like my energy was draining. So I kept quiet and looked around my surroundings while listening to them. After a few walks, we reached our destination which was chosen by Bethany. Putting my warm palm over my ice-cold nose, I tried to warm it somehow. The inside of the cafe was warm, making me relax immediately. A clap caught our attention which Ruby did to have our attention.

“Okay girls! Choose what you want. Today I am paying!” Ruby said, eyes twinkling with happiness and a broad smile decorating her lips. She looked genuinely happy.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked, curiously.

“Oh, you are new here so you might not know. I recently got engaged, so I am giving you guys a small treat here,” She said, putting her right hand up in the air to show off her ring. Which seemed beautiful from far away. I mean it’s beautiful.

“Oh. Congratulations Ruby!,” I moved forward to give her a side hug to show her my happiness to which she returned with much more warmth.

“On the side note, Esme hasn’t given us treat of her getting a job here,” Clara said, standing with one of her arms around her waist and the other arm propped up over it with her eyes cast down as she pretended to examine her nails of the other arm as she spoke and I think I saw her smirk which lasted a few seconds.