Chapter 49

Chris tightly hugs me and sobs into my shoulder. I awkwardly pat her back and four stands in front of me, he's saying bye to Zeke and Shauna.

"Chris stop hogging Tris. I wanna say bye." Marlene exclaims pulls me into a hug.

"I know I haven't known you very long, but I'm going to miss you." she whispers.
"I'll miss you to mar." I laugh. We pull away and I take the baby from Shauna's arms.

"Hi Aaron." i coo. Four smiles at me and looks down at the baby. I can just imagine what he's thinking. In a few months we're going to have a baby of our own.

"I'm gonna miss you Tris. You guys need to drop by at least three times a week." she says and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe once or twice. Were moving pretty far from here." Four replies for me. I smile thankfully and hand the baby back to her. She pouts slightly and I feel Uriah's arms wrap around me.

"Trissypoo!" He exclaims and I laugh as he spins me around.

"Okay, okay put me down." I command. He does as told and I turn towards him.

"You Uriah, are going to be the least missed." I tease.

"Please. You love me." he huffs.
"I'm joking, Im joking. I will miss you." I sigh and hug him. He happily hugs back. The minute we pull away four wrap his arm around my waist.

"We should get going." he whispers.
"Yea." I reply softly. Everyone frowns and four grips my hand.

"Well keep in contact. This isn't the last time you'll be seeing us. We promise." I tell them truthfully.

"Just be safe." will says and I smile.
"Aren't we always?" I tease making everyone laugh. Four lightly tugs me towards the elevator and we enter the small quarter. He swipes his card and it jolts towards the side.

"We're going to be okay." he murmurs and I smile.
"I know." I whisper.
------------------------
We get to the house and four hands me the keys with a smile.

"Would you like to do the honors?" He asks with a grin. I take the keys from his hand then wrap his hand around mine.

"We'll both do it." I reply and he smiles as we unlock the door. We push it open and he suddenly lifts me into his arm. I squeal and he steps over the threshold.

"Welcome home." he whispers and I smile.
"Welcome home." I repeat and he carries me through the house. He stands outside of the spare bedroom and I frown in confusion.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"I have a surprise. Close your eyes." he instructs and puts me on my feet. I do as told and he cups his hands over my eyes to make sure I'm not peeking. The door squeaks open and four leads me into the room.

"Four what are you-"

He un cups my eyes and they have to readjust to the light. The room has light yellow walls and there's a changing table in front of us. To the right is a white baby's crib with stuffed animals piled inside. a smile lights up my face and I turn towards four.

"You did this?" I ask quietly.

"Kind of. I hired some guys to put it together, I ordered everything online though." he replies and I wraps my arms around him.

"Thank you. This just makes this whole pregnancy thing even more real." I whisper. He chuckles and rubs my stomach.

"I think the bump makes it pretty real." he teases.

"It does. But this... seeing the room that our child will most likely grow up in.. this is amazing." I whisper. My eyes travel around the room and four smiles.

"I'm glad you like it." he says. Our hands lace together and he tugs me out of the room.

"Hungry?" He asks.
"I'm always hungry." I reply. He chuckles and bring some to the kitchen. The counters are all granite and the cabinets are white. He begins preparing our dinner and sit on the counter.

"Imagine our life like this... just me you and our child.... no more trouble." I whisper and he smiles.

"Trouble seems to follow you everywhere." he teases.

"Thank you, that makes me feel so much better." I say sarcastically. He chuckles and hands me a plate of food.

"You know I'm just kidding." he adds.
"I know." I reply and link our hands together. He smiles and pecks my lips.

"Let's go have our first dinner in our new house." he murmurs and carries me towards the dining room.
____________________
Happy Easter everybody! 💝🐰🐣