Chapter 1

“Absolutely Not!”

The lavish Temple which was surrounded by nature shook by the thunderous voice coming from inside. In a room, two young people whose appearances looked the same were sitting opposite from an old lady. With dissatisfied expressions, they raised their voices, “why not?!”

“Don’t answer back, you brats. My divinations are never wrong. If you two go on that school trip, disaster will strike you!”

“Haaah” the twins stared at the old lady for a moment before sighing. Melias, who wore a light blue shirt sarcastically mocks the old woman, “this again? Your divinations have never been wrong? Don’t kid yourself.” 

Yulias, who was sitting next to Melias, agreed with his twin sister. “We only informed you as it’s only polite to do so. We never asked for your opinion.” 

The old lady silently stared at the two disrespectful twins, she smirked at them. Did these kids think they had won? 

“Heh, heh. This time you don’t have a choice.” 

The twins looked at her confused, what card could this woman have against them?

“Don’t tell me that you’ve forgotten that I’m your guardian right?”

After they heard this sentence, they immediately caught on to what she was trying to say. Their relaxed expressions turn stiff. 

“You need a guardian to sign the permission letter, therefore you two won’t be able to go.”

“?!” 

Before Melias and Yulias could utter a word, the old lady’s next words slapped them directly in the face. 

“Unless you can adopt yourself as a guardian within three days, then I’ll have no choice but to yield.”

The twins’ expressions which were previously filled with indignation replaced itself with dumbfoundedness. They couldn't help but curse her in their hearts. 

‘What a witch.’

Seeing their expressions of wanting to say something but couldn't, gratified the old woman. Melias soon hardened her expression. Slowly getting up from her seat, she beckons her brother. “Let’s go, Yul.”

“Ah. Okay.” Yulias hurriedly gets up and follows after Melias who reached for the door. The old lady who was still seated silently watched them leave.

“Hey Mel! What are we going to do now? There’s no way we can find a temporary guardian within three days!” Yulias chased after Melias in the corridor, he didn’t expect that the old witch would act up and retaliate against. Melias glanced at Yulias walking behind her. “Let’s talk in my room first.” she didn’t want there to be anyone to overhear their conversation, otherwise it would be reported to that meddling woman.

Fortunately, Yulias caught on pretty quickly and followed Melias to her room. After closing the door and ensuring that there were no eavesdroppers, Yulias turned to Melias waiting for her to answer. 

“Yul, do you still remember our uncles?”

“Eh?” Yulias was a little surprised by Melias’s question, “you mean Uncle Cassis and Uncle Luo?” 

“Yes. It seems that the old lady has forgotten that we still have blood relatives.”

“But.. are they still alive?” Yulias asked with doubt.

“Huh? What kind of question is that?” 

“Well, they haven’t contacted us in six years. So I thought that they’d shriveled up in some unknown place.”