Saturday came quicker than anything, and I was actually going shopping with Ezra; I'd managed to convince Zane pretty easily and we made a neutral agreement not to inform Caleb or Xander, we didn't need things blowing through the roof once again.

"It's the 22nd of September - you've been here for 43 days", Xav came into the kitchen with that unnecessary fact and I chuckled, "congratulations".

"Shocked to have survived this long", I wiped a fake tear and he grinned, "you going somewhere?".

"Ice rink", he replied, "which we still need to go to, let me know when you're free little sister".

"Will do", I agreed, "have fun".

"Oh I will", he patted the counter a few times and went to leave the room, "you seen my Jeep keys?".

"Right there", I pointed to the counter by the fridge and he rolled his eyes, grabbing them and disappearing, "Xav wait!". I heard him come to a halt and his head stuck into the doorway.

"You called?", he smirked.

"Can you give me a lift to the mall?", I asked and he frowned, "what?".

"Who are you meeting? And why'd you say mall like that?", he asked and I scoffed.

"Amelia", I lied, "and why'd you say it like that?".

"Because it's the correct pronunciation", he said in a 'duh' tone, "get your shoes, come on". He rocked on his heels and clapped his hands, his excitement over ice hockey would never not make me smile.

"Zane! Xav's dropping me off!", I yelled up the stairs and he appeared at the top of the stairs, "I'll be a couple hours tops - can you pick me up?".

"Give me a call", his way of saying yes made me smile, I waved at him and followed Xav out the front door - and off to see Ezra...

~

I had to practically force Xav to stay in the car as he insisted on guiding me inside - yeah no thanks. He left after a ten fucking minute debate and I rushed inside, thanking the heavens my cramps were non-existent today. It was fucking packed as hell in here, and with my track record of having shit eyesight when it came to locating people, the chances of finding Ezra in here were looking slimmer by the minute- did I need glasses?

"Hey darlin'", I jumped and spun around with a hand to my chest, Ezra laughed at me and smoothed a hand over his head - how did he get better looking every day?

"Nearly made my heart explode out of my chest", I told him, taking in his appearance: basketball shorts, tank top, chain - jesus.

"I can make that happen for a bunch of different reasons", he told me and I rolled my eyes, "any idea on what you're gettin' 'em?".

"I'm hoping looking around will bring something to mind", I admitted, "what about you?".

"My present is my presence", he shrugged.

"You're not getting them anything?", I asked and his whole demeanour switched up in the blink of an eye.

"We're not all as financially stable as you Isabella", he snapped before closing his eyes and inhaling slowly, "my bad, shouldn't have taken that out on you - my dad pissed me off this morning".

"No, I was in the wrong there, I was being insensitive", I waved off his apology, "come on, let's cheer you up". He nodded with a smile and began to lead the way, I stayed put and called him back.

"What's wrong?", he asked, looking me up and down.

"You called me Isabella, I don't like it", I smirked and he snorted.