four

I didn't see the boys before I left for work, causing me to ponder on their whereabouts throughout the day. They had only ever described it as painful, and I was so intrigued by the whole idea of them.

Intrigued enough to go to the local library and checkout a book about the seven deadly sins.

"What's all this then?" George crowded me as soon as I opened the door to the house, and he picked up one of the bags I was holding.

"Is it Halloween?" He asked again, and I nodded as I shut the door.

"George? Can I ask you something?" I said as we walked to the kitchen, and he hummed, occupied with the Halloween decorations.

"Can other people see you?" I asked, and he looked up.

"It depends. It's normally pretty excruciating pain for us to appear to people, I think to prevent us from talking to our family and stuff." He answered, making a face at the large spider he extracted from the bag.

"Techno's scared of spiders." George said, and I frowned.

"Techno?"

"Oh, Blade. I mean, we called him Techno when we were alive, but after he became Wrath he really preferred Blade. Sometimes I just forget." He explained, and I nodded as I began to put away the groceries.

"Does it hurt when I see you?" I asked, and George shook his head.

"Nope. We were all really surprised, that's why Wilbur thinks you might be able to use the ouija board." He said, and I nodded again. Interesting.

"Clay's probably going to tell you that he doesn't want you to do it. He's been acting weird, to be honest. He's Greed, but he's been acting like Charity lately. Oh, one of the seven heavenly virtues. Basically our opposites." George hurried to add as he saw my confused look, and I made a face.

"You know too much." I said, and George laughed.

"We actually don't know a lot. It's impossible for us to leave this house unless we're in Blackout. Tommy came up with the name because it's dark all the time, we're totally creative." George didn't seem particularly angry at this 'Blackout' place, and I wondered how he really felt.

"I brought home a book about the sins from the library. Just so I could learn a bit, y'know." I pulled the book out of one of the bags, and George beamed.

"We didn't want to bother you too much, but this is really cool. Can I read it now?" I nodded, and George eagerly opened the pages.

After a couple minutes the groceries were done, and I glanced up to see George shut the book.

"Well?"

"It's stupid. I already knew everything in it." He said, and I made a face.

"I could go to the library another day?" I suggested, and George shook his head.

"No point." He said flatly, and Tommy chose the perfect moment to walk into the kitchen.

"Oh thank God, I'm starving." I watched him rifle through my pantry, and I shook my head.

"Stop eating her food, Tommy." Clay chastised as he strolled in, and Tommy huffed.

"If I'm hungry, then I'm going to eat." He retorted, and Clay rolled his eyes, causing George and I to laugh.

"Do any of you feel like decorating the house with me?" I asked, causing George and Tommy to practically run out of the room.

"Shotgun not!" They called, and Clay laughed.