two

When I woke up, I was on the floor. It took me a moment to realise where I was, and I jolted up when I noticed my head was in someones lap. Clay smiled apologetically.

"Ever since most of the furniture was removed we've been sleeping on the floors. I thought I'd be more comfortable than the hardwood." He explained, and I nodded slowly.

"Tommy's prepared some tea, but we weren't sure how you liked it. They're all sitting on the living room floor when you feel like joining." Clay helped me up, and my brain was quite literally empty.

"I know it's a lot to process, but Punz is going to explain it better." He said as he guided me into the room who's occupants fell silent, and I sat between Clay and George.

"Uh, so, I don't really know what to say other than we're the ghosts of the seven deadly sins. I'm Pride, Clay's Greed, Wilbur's Lust, Sapnap is Envy, Tommy's gluttony, Blade is wrath and George is sloth." Punz said, and George patted my shoulder.

"Tell her the story." George said, and Punz glanced around before nodding.

"Okay, it was a really cold halloween. Like really cold."

The seven boys were sat around an ouija board, one that Sapnap had smuggled out of his parents basement. They glanced around at one another, and George giggled in the silence.

"George, control yourself. We're literally about to speak to the dead." Sapnap said, while Clay and George shared a glance as they rolled their eyes.

"Techno, I think you should start. Since you're the one that doesn't believe in ghosts." Sapnap, ever the coward, said, and Techno sighed.

"Hello ghosts and spirits." He began, and Wilbur scoffed.

"Techno, you're joking me right? You need to make sure everyone has a finger on the board first." Wilbur butted in, and Techno sighed again.

"Put your fingers on it then."

Ten seconds past before a slap was heard in the darkness.

"Ow! Wilbur, you dick!" Tommy yelled out, and Clay laughed, despite not being able to see.

"Put your finger on the board, I swear to God." Wilbur said, and Tommy reluctantly put a finger on the board.

"Hello ghosts and spirits." Techno tried again, and the room fell silent.

"We have gathered here today to talk to those who have crossed over into the afterlife. If there is anyone listening, please move our marker." The boys waited with baited breath, and when the marker moved Punz and George screamed loudly.

The marker moved to the YES on the board, and the boys stared at one another in the dim light.

"What's your name?" Clay hesitantly asked, and the marker moved to the letters
R, A, N, B, O and O in order.

"Ranboo?" Tommy asked, and a loud crack of thunder echoed throughout the house.

"Are you okay?" George asked quietly, and Clay used his spare hand to wrap it around George's shoulder, squeezing him tightly.

The marker moved to NO.

"What's going on, Ranboo?" Punz asked, and the marker described T, O, R, T, U, R, E.

"Is there anything we can do?" Techno asked, and there was a pause.

R, U, N.

Another loud crack of thunder shook the house, and one scream turned into seven as the boys leaped up from the basement chairs and ran up the stairs desperately.

Another scream, deeper and louder than anything they had ever heard before came from behind them, and the basement door slammed shut before they could reach it.

Clay was the first to turn back and face the board, and he screamed louder than anything as he faced a tall man with a wicked grin.

One by one each boy turned, the mans grin curling wider each time.

"Using a ouija board is awfully sinful, don't you think?" He asked, and he cackled at the looks on their faces.

"Each one of you shall embody your true forms. Since you all interrupted my weekly poker games, I won't tell you how to break the curse." The man vanished in a split moment, and the boys started screaming again as they noticed their skin glowing.

Clay's skin had grown yellow, while Sapnap grew green. George laughed at them until he realised his skin was pale blue, and Wilbur was dark blue. Techno grew red, and Tommy choked back a sob as his orange tone become more prominent. Punz was purple, and in the moment he vaguely thought about his minecraft avatar.

"We're a rainbow." Punz said.

"Come and taste the rainbow." Clay added, and George snickered.

"Why are you laughing? Wilbur looks like he came straight from Willy Wonka's chocolate factory." Sapnap said, and Tommy laughed until Wilbur glared at him.

"Oh, in case it wasn't clear, you're the seven deadly sins." The voice from before shouted into the room, and it was another moment before the boys were screaming again.

"So that's how it happened." Punz explained, and I frowned.

"All this because you fucked around with an ouija board?" I asked, and they nodded glumly.

"We've done a lot of research, and we believe it's because we didn't say goodbye before we removed our fingers from the marker." Clay said, and I took a deep breath.

"And what? You're stuck in this house until the curse is lifted?" I asked, and they nodded again.

"How long has it been?" I wondered, and there was a pause.

"We think its been about thirty years, but it's hard to keep track. We mostly wander in and out of consciousness and it's hard for us to stay present in this world. Tommy's the youngest, and he struggles the most. Maybe it's time to rest, Tom." Wilbur said gently, and I watched as Tommy's eyes closed and he gradually faded into nothing.

"You can look up articles about us, we were all over the newspapers for a while. Our bodies disappeared, maybe because we still use them, and they had so many people looking for us." Punz said, and I heard Sapnap yawn loudly.

"I think we all need to rest. I guess we'll see you when you move in." Clay said, and one by one they all faded until one was left.

"Don't tell anyone about us, y/n. We don't know what will happen." George said, and I held out my pinky finger.

"Promise. Stay safe, George." I said, and he smiled sadly.

"It's painful for us to travel between both worlds, but you've given us a new reason to. I'll see you soon." He was gone when I blinked, and I sat there for a while.

The floor of my new house was hard, and when I stood up my butt ached. The keys were on the kitchen island, and I took a deep breath as I picked up my belongings, walking slowly to the door.

It all felt like a fever dream, and I didn't quite know what to do with it. The only issue was that I didn't have a choice, and that this mess was mine now.