Chapter 28 - The word

Start from the beginning

She proceeded with her doings from where he had left off, when he stopped her.

"Podhum ma, it is difficult for me to control, if things go beyond this" he said holding her shoulders pulling her away from him.

"Who asked you to control? " she replied casually, pushing his arm away from her shoulders getting back at him.

He lost few more minutes, indulging her little more, but again stopped her when he felt things were starting to get out of hands.

"Illama, I want it to be traditional this time, first marriage apporam, michadhellaam" he insisted.

"Seri po, your loss" she said with a smirk, getting up trying not to show her disappointment on her face and voice.

"Kannama, it is not like I don't want to, trust me, if given a choice, I would have you right here, right this very second, but.." he dragged.

"Puridhu Ashwineyy, good night, I will go and sleep with the kids" she said smiling, moving towards the room.

"Good night " he too replied,  his voice almost hoarse which clearly indicated that he was having a struggle within himself in letting her go.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Things went on smoothly for next few days, Sivaangi's parents were back and they were elated to hear about the proposal and that their marriage is back on cards. 

Ashwin concentrated more on his restaurant, he wanted to get it done before the marriage and give it to her as the wedding gift.

Almost all approvals were done, except for the environment and safety boards'. Once that is done, the actual restaurant work can start, and he too could convert his short term visit pass which is expiring in another few days into the EntrePass, with which he can stay in SG as long as he has a business there without worrying about going back.

Ashwin looked at Sakthi bewildered who was standing in front of him, eyes filled with fear and sadness.

"How is this possible Sakthi? didnt you say that you verified everything, then why would the environment board reject my application stating 'hygiene not up to the mark'" asked Ashwin re reading the letter again and again hoping this time the wordings will change while walking towards his shop space.

"Boss, I was there till the previous day of the checking, everything was spic and span, but when they came for checking they found signs of rat infestation. Food eh illa boss, apporam eppadi rats varum, there is no way the rats found its way to our restaurant on its won" replied Sakthi squeezing his palms together not knowing how to console his boss.

Ashwin unlocked the door and looked around the shop space, he could see rat feces everywhere proving the point behind the letter.

"Seri, ippo enna solution idhukku" Ashwin asked disappointment overflowing in his voice.

"Wait for three months and again apply for the permit, adhu varikum we have to pay the rent for this current space without any income, else we have to look for another space, and go through all the step from first again"  Sakthi replied.

"Even if we get another shop space, it will take some time to get the lease amount we have paid for this shop so we might have to pay out of hand at first" Sakthi added, his voice clearly depicting helplessness.

"I have invested everything I have and more in this Sakthi, where would I even go for the money for a new shop?" Ashwin asked sitting on the floor not minding the rat feces around.

"Romba sorry boss, I should have stayed in the shop it self previous day of the inspection, then this wouldn't have happened, I am so sorry" said Sakthi with overpowering guilt.