TWELVE

Waking up to someone showering my shoulder with kisses, a lazy smile was growing on my face.

His arms were loosely wrapped around my waist. My back was firmly against his naked chest. I can feel my face burn realizing that we were still naked underneath the sheets.

Pretending that I was still half asleep, I tried to roll over a little to my side of the bed away from him. I thought that he would just let it go, but the arm on my waist only tightened its grip on me.

"Angel, I know you're awake." Jack whispered lowly in my ear. His sexy morning voice is making me feel all giddy and hot again like I wasn't slightly sore from last night, but nothing I can't handle. "Stop pretending." He lightly pressed a kiss on my neck, feeling his breath there because of how close we are.

I chuckled silent before turning around to face him, finally opening my eyes and was greeted by the greatest thing I could ever lay my eyes on. "Good mornin'." I pressed a hand on his toned chest, giving him a cheeky smile.

He must have really hit the gym over the years.

I snuggled in closer to him, hiding my face into his neck and getting a whiff of his smell. I wouldn't mind waking up like this every morning. No, not at all!

"Do you want me to run you a warm bath?" He offered, caressing my hair. "I can clean you up." He teased.

"You're just making up an excuse to take a shower with me," I said, poking him on the rib.

"Don't you like that? We can save water and not worry too much on your water bill." He tried to reason out. "Plus, it would be good for the Earth."

I looked up at him with a questioning look. "How is us showering together good for the Earth?"

"Didn't I just state the reason?" He sarcastically said, looking down on me with amusement swirling in his green eyes.

Let's just say we spent almost half an hour in the shower. After that, we picked up all of our things off the floor before getting dressed.

We went down, hand in hand, into the kitchen. I asked Jack what he wanted to eat for breakfast. He replied that he will eat anything I'll cook because he doesn't really have a lot of choice considering he can't feed himself when he can't cook. I looked through my fridge and pantry choosing what to cook, I settled on making pancakes from a box and cooking some bacon to pair with it. I also made myself some coffee and poured apple juice for Jack.

"Here you go." I slide the glass of apple juice to him before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Pancakes are almost ready."

I was about to walk away to return the juice box when Jack pulled me by the arm and gave me a long smack on the lips. "Now, that's what I believe my true morning kiss should be." He grinned at me like we didn't have another round in my bathroom. "Don't forget to drizzle extra maple syrup on mine."

Jack is half Canadian so naturally maple syrup is in his blood, literally. Not even kidding one bit. Before, he would take maple syrup diluted in water and pour it into shot glass and pretend like it was some vodka or something. I'm surprised he hasn't had diabetes until now.

Breakfast was filled with laughter and jokes. I choked on my coffee while Jack was saying something funny. Everything was all fine. Well, except for the kitchen counter. I splattered coffee all over it. I made Jack clean it all up.

After that, I started cleaning up our plates. Jack stopped me and said that he'll be the one to clean and wash the dishes since I already cooked our food. I didn't fight against him. I wasn't really going to do the dishes until lunch time.

Jack did all of that. He also asked me if he could give Mr. Louie his food. I let him feed my cat. Mr. Louie on the other hand, looked a little skeptical while inspecting his food bowl.

Once that was done, Jack and I sprawled on the couch. I was sitting in between his legs while the tv was playing in the background, but we didn't mind watching what's playing. Jack was showing me some of the new songs that he has been working on.

"I wrote a Christmas song a while back," Jack began, scrolling through his notes app on his phone. "It will be out during the last week of November."

"What is it about? Other than it being a Christmas song."

"It's about...this guy thinking "How can it be can it be Christmas when you're not around?". It's just something I wrote randomly in my notebook on a Tuesday night."

I smiled, drawing shapes on his arm.

He always has a notebook with him wherever he goes. It was like his own journal of songs. Most of the time, he's found scribbling in that notebook of his. He had always had this love for writing. If he's not writing in his notebook, then he has his phone.

I was about to ask another question when a message notification popped up.

From: Record Label

We know that it is supposed to be your break, but contact us as soon as you're able. There is something that needs to be discussed about your comeback album. It's nothing serious.

That message suddenly hit me in the face like a brick stone. Hitting me and making me face reality.

This thing between us was never going to work. It didn't work before, it wouldn't now.

We live in two different worlds.

This was never going to last. Last night was great. The past week had been a bit awkward, but wonderful nonetheless. I got to see him again after all these years and knowing that he still has my heart and he always will. But we can never be together again. I have my own life and he has his.

I slowly sat up, detaching myself from him and faced him. "You probably should go now. I don't want to keep you away."

"You're making me leave?" He asked, looking hurt.

=====

A/N: Props to me for frequently updating now! It's also the start of my Christmas break. Fuck school. Anyways, enjoy your day! Mwah!