Chapter Fifteen

"We can't fight Amazo if you don't have full control of your powers. You know that, right?" Peter asked as he looked out the window of our motel room.

I tossed an energy ball in the air, which fell back down into my hand. I frowned, turning to Peter. "I have control of my powers."

"Did you know you could fly?" He asked, turning around to face me. I quirked a brow in confusion, laughing.

"Ohhh that's funny, Peter. I see you're trying to get me to kill myself." I spat, dropping onto my bed.

"I'm serious! Amazo used your Er... erway.... Earthing—"

"Ergokinesis?" I raised a brow as he nodded.

"Yeah that. He used that to make this like— have you seen Wizard of Oz?" I nodded slowly as Peter nodded. "He made this energy bubble around him to fly away after he- Y'know..."

I sighed quietly. It had been a week since I nearly drowned. I rubbed my eyes, sighing quietly.

"I don't know how to do that, Peter. Maybe we should get the X-men to help." I suggested as Peter laughed.

"Don't you think they would have been to our rescue by now? The X-Men are basically a fairytale now, JJ. We haven't seen them for a decade!" Peter yelled as I stood up quickly.

"If you haven't noticed, Peter, my Ergokinesis only comes out to its full potential when I am scared out of my whits. I can't just—"

"AH!" Peter yelled and caused me to scream, blasting the room with a short wave of energy. Peter fell to the ground as I stood, paralyzed with fear for a moment before kicking him in the leg. "You bozo!"

"It worked, didn't it?" He asked, attempting to breath. "I think I Broke a rib." I frowned at Peter, shaking my head.

"Quit being so dramatic." I rolled my eyes as he slowly sat up with a grunt, now closer to me than before. I took a quick step back, looking out the window as if the tension would go away on its own.

"Natalie?!" I yelled with wide eyes, running over to the window. How the hell did she know we were here?

"Wait, you're friend Natalie? Or some random girl named Natalie?" Peter asked as he looked over my shoulder. My eyes only widened even more as I saw Amazo walking towards her.

"Oh my god— oh my god she's gonna get killed!" I stated , running out of the motel room and down to my friend.

"Natalie behind you!" I was frozen in my spot by an unknown force, my eyes landing on Natalie's hands, turned in my direction.

As Peter ran out at a normal speed, he too was stopped by that same force. Amazo just kept getting closer.

Until he stopped next to Natalie. I could hear my heart breaking as I came to the realization.

"You built him?" I whispered as Natalie nodded slowly.

"Been working on Amazo for years. Ever since I found out you were more powerful than I was, I wanted it for myself." I shook my head in disbelief as Peter just stared at Natalie, eyes wide with anger.

"You tried to kill your best friend?!" He yelled as tears began to roll down my cheeks.

"I knew that if you were alive, you'd never let me take your powers from you. So... I did what I thought was right." Natalie stepped forward, amazo doing the same.

"So you get a robot to kill me?! Why not do it yourself?"

"Because I can make the origins of my robot untraceable. They'd never know it was me." Natalie explained as she began to levitate, my eyes widened again.