Chapter Seven

Why would you let a mutant into your house? Look at what he's done.

I didn't know... I didn't—

You're one of them! Oh my god... my daughter is a mutant. I can't— I can't believe this.

Mom, please.... I never did anything bad! I swear. Please... don't send me away.

"Don't send me away."

You're disgusting. I never want to see you again.

"NO." I gasped away and quickly sat up, startling Peter awake.

"I didn't do it!" He yelled, quickly relaxing when it was just the two of us, still on the floor. "Oh. A nightmare?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I muttered coldly, staring ahead at his wall. My mind had completely ignored the interaction with Peter last night, turning to look at the clock.

"Come on." I said, throwing the blanket off of me and onto Peter. "We'll be late for school."

"Don't you think it's a little bit dumb to go to school after last night?" He frowned, standing up.

"Oh so you think going to school while being followed by a lunatic robot is a bad idea but you go to my house?" I glared at Peter as his shoulders dropped.

"Well.. there's a bigger risk of more injuries—"

"My mom could have died last night! I could have died last night! And all you were thinking about was your own safety." I poked a finger into Peter's chest.

"Well what did you expect me to do?! It's not like I could go to my mom for help! She's not a mutant!"

"So because I am that means you can go to me for help?!" I yelled, not paying attention to the person in the doorway.

"I wasn't expecting the outcome it had!" Peter snapped as I scoffed.

"Of course you didn't! Because you never think! You just do." Someone cleared their throat, the two of us snapping our heads in the direction of the doorway, my eyes widening in horror to see my mom

I opened my mouth to speak, hoping my mom wouldn't react the way I feared, but she just raised her hand out., and shook her head.

"I think—" my mom cleared her throat, a tear falling down her cheek. "I think I'm going to stay at a friend of mines for a bit."

"Mom I—"

"I don't want to hear your excuses." My mom quickly walked out as I continued to call after her, slowly turning to Peter.

"Do you see what you've done?" I seethed, my hand gripped the door to stop myself from beating Peter up. But instead, I just drew in the energy from the house' electricity and put it in my body.

"Jeyda I didn't mean for this—"

"Just shut up." I walked out of his room, running up the stairs in hopes I could catch up to my mom. And I did.

"Mom!" I yelled, running out of the house.

"Leave me alone, Jeyda." She ordered, walking down the street.

"Mom please let me explain—"

"Did you ever use it on me?" She asked, stopping to turn to me. I looked down at her, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks. "Your abilities?"

I was quiet for a moment. "Only once." That was a lie. "That was last night... I didn't— I didn't want you to freak out so loudly so- I Uh... I knocked you out." I stammered as she scoffed.