A Wishful Thinking

(A/n: Mild angst)

"Mother?"

Beacrox found himself frozen stiff in front of a woman he misses the most from his childhood.

"Oh? You're here! Are you done cooking, my son?"

He visibly trembled at the sight of the familiarity of the woman.

"Why are you just standing there? Let's eat already! I'm already hungry at the smell of the food." Beacrox placed the plates of food he was unknowingly holding on the table and hugged his mother tightly, afraid that she will be gone to dust any moment.

"Mom..."

The woman chuckled.

"Aigoo...did you miss me that much? I'm only gone for a week to finish my mission. Hah! Look at your son Ron! I told you we should go back in an instant."

Ron found himself standing at a room he knew too well. In front of him was his grown son and deceased wife, a scene he achingly yearned to happen back in the years.

He also went to hug his wife and son, his calm demeanor slowly cracking as he held both person in his arms.

Yet Ron also knew that he can't bask in this any longer.

Because this was a trial in return for knowing about the body switch.

This isn't the reality both assassins grew accustomed to.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

On growled at Zed Crossman as the king held Alberu like a ragdoll and tossed him away.

She only hopes this wasn't what really happened in Alberu's childhood, as On was reminded of herself and her younger brother when they were still at the tribe.

But still, this is no way to treat a child. Cale had told them that. Not when this child, Alberu, is currently grieving for the lost of her mother.

On ran near him, checking if he's okay even though she knew he's not. She really wanted to help him, really.

She can't. Because all she can do is watch, watch, and watch it all happen in front of her.

"Your Highness..."

On could see the boy stand up, albeit trembling when the king had finally left his room. She could see tears forming in his eyes as he clutched a necklace that was hidden under his mourning clothes.

She also saw how Alberu transformed into his quarter dark elf when he removed the ornament from his neck. On wasn't surprised, since she already knew that.

Alberu only stood up seconds ago, when he slumped down again on the cold floor and leaned on the wall. On morphed into her cat form as she nestled herself into Alberu's small yet trembling lap.

An attempt to comfort the prince.

"Thank you..." She heard him mutter before On felt herself getting patted in the head.

The cat jerked in surprise, making Alberu tremble again with a sad gaze.

"I-I'm sorry! I won't do it again! J-Just not you too! Don't leave me too!"

On's heart shook in agony at the sight of the prince crying his tears out. She wasn't leaving him anytime soon, On doesn't have the courage to after seeing Alberu's state.

"I won't. I'm here, Your Highness."

On knew she just became an imaginary friend of the crown prince.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Hong could only tremble at the sight of Choi Han fighting the monsters in the Forest of Darkness, only with a damn stick.

It was a wooden sword, Hong knew that. But a stick nonetheless.

The cat ran towards his way as he pushed him away from the incoming claw attack. Choi Han was caught off guard and was about to slash Hong.

"Choi Han nya! Look out!"

There was a momentary surprise, since it's not everyday you will encounter a talking cat.

'Unless it's Garfield.' He jokingly thought before catching Hong who was falling from jumping at the monster's back.

"Nice catch as always Choi Han nya!"

"How do you know me?"

Hong flinched at that remark, since he remembered that he's currently in a trial.

"I just know you nya!" He decided to lie and smile similarly to Cale.

Choi Han raised a brow at that before Hong could see a monster arm planning to stab the human in front of him.

So the only thing he could think of was morph into his human form and kick the arm away, since he can't just spit poison because he might accidentally hit Choi Han with it.

Choi Han only looked behind him, confused, before looking at the kid who he was now currently holding with one hand.

"You're welcome nya!"

The older only raised an eyebrow again at that antic.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

"Raon! My dear little, great and mighty brother! Help me run away from Mother!"

The black dragon could see an elf in front of him with red hair similar to Cale. There was a timely confusion before he could see her own mother coming at them with a broom in her hands.

Raon didn't take too long to realize that the red elf in front of him was his own sibling he didn't get to know.

"Brat! I told you to put a tablespoon of salt in the food! Not the literal thing!"

Sheritt was about to bash her oldest son's head but stopped when she saw Raon suddenly crying while looking at the two of them.

She could faintly hear a whisper coming from her youngest who was looking down.

"What a cruel test." Both heard it, since they are all dragons in the room after all.

"This is not real, any of this is not real..."

Raon felt a soft pat in his head, making him look at the source of it.

It was his older brother smiling at him with a soft expression.

"You knew it already. Ahhh Mother, what should I do? Raon is too smart for his age."

"He does."

"Mom~ why do you always agree when it comes to lil bro? What about me?"

"You're a dragon. You just don't use your brain all the time."

The red dragon winced as he dramatically placed a hand in his chest.

"Anyways!"

"I'm Lucas little bro! It's nice to finally meet you!"

Raon quivered while looking at his supposed to be sibling. His gaze asking for an explanation as soon as possible.

"I'm real, Raon. Mother too. It's just that, this will be the first and the last time we get to bond like a family, considering we're already dead."

"We asked the God of Death for a favor to guide you with your test." Shreitt chimed in as she placed various dishes on the table.

"So this isn't my real test?"

Both shook their heads before Raon could feel himself being lifted by Lucas.

It was warm, Raon concluded. The food smells nice too despite the burnt metallic smell from the melted tablespoon.

"Your test is with your human. In his original world."