McMarried [pt.4] • n.r

Start from the beginning

Maria sighs as she realized the elevator doors shut already, she walks back to press the button once more before reaching inside of her satchel that laid on her shoulder pulling out a folder that contained papers handing them over to Natasha.

Nat looks at her confused but still angry as she took the papers, looking at them.

"Divorce papers." She confirms

"Your lawyer said they're okay. I haven't signed them yet. The ball's in your court, if you sign, I'll sign." Hill responds before speaking once more. More hesitantly.

"I'll... sign and be on the first plane out of here."

"I'll sign them immediately, I want you out of here as soon as possible." Natasha says confidently although inside she could feel the pain become stronger. The elevator dings as its doors open once more.

Maria looks at her briefly before stepping into the elevator, before turning around having one last thing to say.

"Natasha, have you ever thought that even if I am Medusa and an adulterous bitch that I still might be the love of your life?" She asked before the doors shut, and the elevator rides down.

Natasha stared blankly at the doors, deep in thought before looking sadly at the divorce papers that laid flat in her hands.

You were not too far away as you hadn't bothered to leave the stairs in the hallway yet, a bit hidden but not too much. You had watched their interaction closely before deciding to head to your meeting. Late as can be.

You had just had a meeting with Fury, a few other agents... and Maria.

"Agent Hill will be extending her visit a bit longer, train with her, learn from her, give your best to her." Kept ringing in your head as Fury had announced it.

You were walking down a hallway when Natasha seen you, she smiled and went to give you a kiss but you completely blocked it.

"What's wrong?" She asks

"Did you know your soon to be ex wife extended her visit?" You ask

"Of course not, but this is also her job too. I can't exactly tell her to quit."

"Oh, so your defending her now?" You ask defensively.

"I'm not defending her— look, she gave me the divorce papers, all I have to do it take them, read them, sign them, then I'm free... we're free." She smiles taking your hand.

"Is there anything to think about?" You questioned

"No, Of course not. I have to read through them, sign them. Then Maria is on the next plane out of here." Natasha says not so confidently after a minute, although to anyone else, she sounded like the most sure person in the world.

"So, Your waiting to sign the papers?" You ask

"Y/n, It's a lot harder than you think-"

"No it's not! If you really are hurt from what she did, if you really do like me, it isn't that hard! You left her for a reason!" You yell walking away

"Y/n! Y/n!" She yelled running after you

"I don't want to have this conversation again, end of discussion." You state

"Y/n!" She pestered

"What?!" You yell

"Oh... I usually just say y/n and then you yell at me. I haven't thought past that point." She said a bit flustered. Anger boiled inside of you.