Stupid Redhead Judges

The hallway was dark and awfully gloomy. The four footsteps echoed across the empty hall. The rope bounding my wrists together burned and itched against my pale skin. My feet were getting numb from all this walking. The two escorts behind us walked in unison, expressionless, facing ahead with no intention of stopping.

Next to me was that damn boy Tony Tock, who was looking ahead as well. He had a grim expression on his face. His nose was scrunched up like it always was when he was in deep thought. He was the reason I was in this mess, but I guess I can't blame him. Then again, I'm the reason he's here.

"I can't believe this." He mumbled to me. "I thought we would've had at least a little more time." He glanced over to me. I laughed, shifting my hands, rubbing them against the rope. "I don't think this is the best time for puns, Tony."

"This is all your fault, you know." He hissed as he glared at me.

"I know."

"We might die."

"I know, Tony."

"They'll show us no mercy, especially after breaking this law."

"I know."

"I love you."

"I know."

Finally, we reached the grand doors, traced with gold. I take a deep breath, and shoot a glance at my love. I was worried, really worried,actually. We were about to determine our future.

I didn't mean for this to happen to us. It's not my fault, it was a mistake. But we had to pay, and there's nothing we can do about it now.

The doors swing open, revealing us to the large room. Rows and rows of people watched us walk through the room, sitting on wooden benches. I could recognize a few faces, but no one was smiling. This was serious.

Even with the high and airy ceiling, the air was tense and eerie. A man with blood red hair loomed above us, with a sneer. His black cloak draped around him, and his elbows were on the stand top. This man will decide our last breaths. He will decide if I can ever see color again, or enjoy the feeling of emptiness in a stark white room. he can take away everything and give us the world, all at once. Hello, Judge.

"Hello Paige, it's oh so pleasant to find you in my courtroom again." The Judge's voice echoed off the high ceilings, but I wasn't scared. We've met a few times before.

I smiled at the man. Who was I kidding? I was terrified. But not for my sake, I think it was more for Tony's.

"Well, let's get this over with." Said the Judge above us. He shuffled around some papers before continuing. "You, Paige Canvas and Tony Tock have been accused of treason by the prime Minister. He said that you two have broken the third law of Immortality, is that correct?" He looks down at us, waiting for us to answer.