Chapter 25: Welcome back home

________________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru and I ended up having a heartfelt departure with our students about a week after they were saved, we explain how we will be busy back in tempest for a while but we will come and visit whenever we can. Rimuru later gifted them all new robes and gave Chloe Shizue's Mask same as cannon from what I could tell.

As Rimuru and I walk away from Ingrassia I decided to ask him why he would give the mask away and he expectedly explains that giving Chloe the mask felt like the natural thing to do. Unfortunately Rimuru is unaware that a specific individual is watching me and him leave, I was aware because of my [Life sense] though.

Once me, Rimuru, and Ranga were far enough away from the kingdom we teleported just outside of Tempest. Nobody but my dryads were aware of our return yet so we weren't greeted by a mob screaming both of our names like in the original timeline.

Vendela: "Feels good to be home, no?" I asked my slime and wolf companions.

Ranga: "That it does lady Vendela, I look forward to seeing how my pack and the goblin riders are doing," he added while nodding with Rimuru.

I laughed at this due to me finding out something about the tempest star wolf during our time with the students. Rimuru seemed confused on why I was laughing so I decided to tease the wolf.

Vendela: "You sure you are referring to the whole pact or one specific member?~" I ask him teasingly.

Rimuru: "Wait what?" he asks while gaining a mischievous smile that mirrored my own.

Ranga: "I-I have no idea what you are referring to lady Vendela. I should get going and check on everyone." he says hurriedly while running in the direction of where the dire wolves lived, this caused me and Rimuru to burst into laughter.

Once the two of us calmed down from our laughter, Rimuru headed into his town while I decided to transform into my true dragon form and start flying towards my own town. On my way there some elementals on patrol and immediately started cheering about there mistress returning, to be honest that made me smile on the inside.

Vendela: 'There is nothing I cherish more than loyalty and strong bonds,' I think to myself while closing onto Ryoko's gates and noticing the mob waiting for me.

When I landed I was greeted by my subordinates swarming my large body and cheering even louder for my return, even the children seemed to know me very well. I turned back into myself and greeted everyone as I walked through the crowd with Treyni, Abiru, Soaka, and Numara at my sides.

Vendela: "It's good to be home," I said mostly to myself but everyone around me heard it.

Everyone: "It's good to have you home mistress!" every last one of my subordinates yelled.

The rest of the day was full of a city wide party to welcome me home, I told them it wasn't necessary but they insisted and from what Treyni told me, the capital city was doing the same for Rimuru. I mostly spent my time with my best friend Soaka and let me tell you it was so much fun to tease her about her crush on Souei the moment she confessed it to me, I honestly hope they end up with one another.

Two days after me and Rimuru's return, everyone is standing outside of the capital to send off our embassy that are heading to demon lord Carrion's country. Rimuru had appointed Benimaru as the leader of the embassy and as Rigur the secretary, like In cannon but he decided to add a few of my elementals and one dryad to introduce the recourses we produce.

Many of us sent them away with teary eyes, well mostly Rigurd at seeing his son grow up but that isn't the point. About 10 hours after the departure of our embassy, Treyni informed me that Carrion's embassy had just entered the forest and would be arriving near the capital in 2 days, just like cannon thankfully.

Ever since I fought the fire dragon lord I have been on edge about what else might change so I've mostly kept away from interfering in anything majorly but I don't know if that is helping at all. For now I will keep acting as Rimuru's maid until I am needed to defend our home, I will still lead my people but I'll keep those kinds of conversations to be only mental so we avoid spies.

-Status update!-

Name: Vendela (Tempest)

Species: True Dragon

Sex: Female

Blessing: Storm/Earth crest

Age: 11 years old

Title(s): Dearest daughter of Veldora, Reincarnated, Tail Warrior, Guardian of the land, the dryads master, Earth True dragon, Lord of lizards, Maid, Teaching assistant, Momma Ven

Skills: Appraisal, Gaia, physical attack resistance, Natural elements nullification, Life sense, True Dragon body, Draconian transformations, Thunder breath, True draco metal scales, Solar breath, Spiritual attack resistance, Accelerated Regrowth, Mistresses authority, Charybdis

________________________________________________________________________________