story fragment // My Twist on Fate

Start from the beginning

He shrugged. "Jayden! Apologize to her this instant," Talia scolded.

His dark blue eyes turned to an icy shade of blue. "Sorry," he murmured.

I didn't like this guy at all. What did Talia see in him? He seemed so violent, yet whipped by her. Huh, maybe it was just me.

"C'mon, let's get your baggage," Talia said, grabbing both of us by the arms and dragging us away.

For being so skinny, she sure was strong. I saw the twin boys form my flight. An old lady was fussing over Bentley's hair, combing it with her fingers. The other twin was pointing and laughing. Bentley looked annoyed, and was still picking his nose. The baggage carousel began to move. "I forgot to ask, how was your flight?" Talia asked.

"Pretty good, I guess. I was asleep for most of it. Oh! I have to tell about this stewardess. She was serving drinks and spilled this whole cart on this sleeping bald guy, He woke up it looked like he stepped out into a rainstorm. You should've seen her trying to apologize, it was ridiculous. Her voice was so annoying though. It was all nasally and pitchy. The guy started yelling and demanded that he get two free packs of peanuts. He got them, but it ended up he was slightly allergic to them. It was a good thing he had an epipen or whatever, because he probably would've died or something. He said he had memory loss..."

She chuckled, "Wow."

I saw my bright blue suitcase peeking out from around the corner and went to retrieve it. It was extremely heavy; what did I pack in here, bricks?

"Jayden, go help her!"

I could hear him grown, but he reluctantly helped me. He effortlessly lifted it off the belt and carried it to Talia with one hand. "Show off," I muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Thanks for helping me."

I took the suitcase from his hand, lifted the handle, and began walking. "So I was thinking we would catch up after lunch?" Talia suggested.

"Yeah, okay. Where do you want to go?"

She shrugged, "Wherever you want."

"McDonalds?"

"Still a fatty, I see," she teased.

"Just because I like McDonalds does not mean I'm fat!"

"It kinda does..."

"Sorry we're not all model-thin like you."

"You should be."

"Who's the arrogant one, now?"

"Still you."

"Whatever. I'm in the mood for fast food."

"Okay, okay. I guess I'll just have to throw up after I eat."

I looked at her incredulously. "What?"

"I'm joking, sis. Relax. McDonalds okay with you, darling?"

Jayden nodded, seeming kind of distant. "I see you've changed your taste single high school. Your past boyfriends have been rather loud and outspoken."

"Oh trust me. Once he starts talking, he can't shut up. It's a miracle when he shuts up."

I laughed, unable to believe it. We drove to McDonalds. "Hi, I'd like a double cheeseburger, a large fry, and a large chocolate shake, no cherry," I ordered.

"Will that be all?" the cashier asked, boreed.

"Yup."

"Your total is $7.89. Will that be for here or to go?"