chapter 2: finding myself

maya -
i can't have lucas and riley date. all he is going to do is break riley down. she can't be in love with someone when it's not real. she needs to understand this.

| maya goes over to the matthew's house only to find riley isn't home |

maya -
she isn't home and i totally forgot today is Tuesday and we go to the library after school. i walk back to school only to find lucas talking to riley.

-
"get away from her!" maya yells from across the yard of the school. she is frustrated to find her best friend with someone who just wants something besides love.

"maya. i can explain! he was just telling me something, just calm down!" riley fights back, sounding like she is holding back tears.

-
lucas grabs riley's hand and they run toward the tall trees. maya, already anxious, runs after the two figures, disappearing slowly. she yells, but it sounds like she is losing her own self.

-
"riley! all i wanted to do was save you from someone who will hurt you sooner or later! im maya hart, your best friend. please don't leave me like this, lost in my own thoughts! please come back to me." maya finishes her words and walks away, fighting away the tears.

-

maya -
it's time to finally say, riley is gone. she hasn't called, she isn't at the window when i come, she isn't at school, and all i want is her to come back, be the cute little jumpy riley i know. lucas has put riley in danger and he has done so much harm.

-

"maya hart, have you seen mr. friar and my daughter miss matthews?" cory asks, worry in his voice. i shake my head, tears surrounding my eyes. "maya, you may be excused." cory responds. i run out the door, only one goal on my mind. ranger rick, you did some bad damage and now, it's my turn to fix it...

| end of chapter 2 |