Chapter 2: The Investigation

Comenzar desde el principio

You had been completely oblivious of the fact that Bakugou hadn't taken his eyes off you this entire ride. Admiring your every perfection and flaw. He noticed how your tightly pulled back bun had a few strands of hair loose from it. How you still had you same tense look on your face, even when you were relaxed. He watched as you unintentionally fidgeted with your hands as you spoke.

All of which reminded him of how much he had been in love with you.

You meet his gaze. "What are you thinking about?" You ask.

"How stupid your ass has gotta be to wait as long as you did to ask for help. You should've said something sooner." His voice was subtle and full of what sounded like irritation.

"I didn't think you'd remember me."

Oh, how he wishes he could forget you. The two of you had made so many memories together that the possibility of forgetting you seemed like a joke.

"I can't forget your dumb ass." He mutters.

"Yeah, well the last time we spoke," you said. "You told me to get the hell out of your life. Coming back wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do."

The car slows. Bakugou's jaw is locked.

You remove your seat belt. "We're here." You say, letting yourself out of the car. You leave the door open for him.

Kirishima opens his door and hurries out. "Y/n, you don't have to open the door for yourself. That's part of my job."

"Nah," you say giving him another hug. "I'm fine with being independent." Bakugou climbs out of that car and shoves his hands in his pocket. He nudges towards the building.

"Kirishima wait here, this should only take a few." He says stalking towards the building. You give Kirishima one more squeeze. "Tell Mina I said I miss her." You smile and follow behind Bakugou.

You live in an apartment complex. It's not too bad looking, but there was no security there. Meaning that randoms had the opportunity to walk in freely, and they had been.

You read his expression and you could tell, Bakugou didn't like this at all. "My rooms on the fourth floor, the elevator is under repair, so we'll have to take the stairs." You guide him towards the building's stairwell. You feel his eyes on you.

"Are you sure you can walk up these steps? Considering your surgeries and-" And there it was. The look of determination on your face, a look that seldom appears.

"I got it." You say.

He watches as you climb the stairs. You hadn't told him, but he knew you had to have many surgeries on your chest. Walking up those stairs was a pain for you, and he knew it. Even if he was wrong, the way you were clinging to the railing proved his point. So, he remained one step behind you the entire four flights up.

The two of you had made it to your room, you unlocked the door and welcomed him in.

It was certain that you had been the one living here, no one could clean up a place as well as you did. Your curtains had been opened a bit to let in some sunshine. He glanced at the lock on your day, it didn't even look like someone attempted to pick it. They were right, there are no signs of break-ins.

You frown. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"Did I say I didn't believe you?" He shoves his hands in his pocket. "Show me your bedroom." You stiffen. "That's where you said he spent the most time."

You lead him to your room. He walks in before you and looks around. There had been a queen-sized bed, a vanity set in one corner, and a dresser in the other. Whoever was coming in was smart, they knew exactly what they were doing. It was unsettling to think about.

"When was the last time they were here?" There's no emotion in his voice, Bakugou's one hell of an emotion hider.

"Last night, they stole some underwear and left the note."

Bakugou turns his head and realized that you hadn't left the doorway the entire time he had been in there. He didn't like the fact that you were here alone with someone watching you, with the way things were going they'd probably been inside while you slept.

Bakugou walks out of your bedroom and stands near your living room. "I'll get you better locks for your windows and door." Oh, was he planning on doing a lot more than that. "But," he had to say it, he knew if he didn't he'd regret it later on. "It'd be a lot safer if you came to stay with me."

You feel your face warm up. "I didn't ask you to help me with that." That. That had been all Bakugou wanted from the beginning, a redo.

"At least let me get you protection, think of it from a friend." He brushes past you.

It was true, the two of you had been friends before you became anything more. Best friends at that.

He sighs, changing the subject. "The fuckers smart, they know what they're doing. It's obvious your stalker is male." He pulls out his phone and makes a phone call. "I want a team at Y/n L/n's apartment immediately. We need security watching outside her room at all times, a camera installed at every exterior angle surrounding her room, and an alarm system inside."

He thought about how you were holding the railing earlier. "And I want that fucking elevator fixed." Bakugou's order would be obeyed. He wasn't the teenager dreaming to be the number hero anymore. He was the number one hero.

Bakugou walked towards the door and glanced over his shoulder at you. He had power now, and he was going to use it.