I step back gently, but still practically have to peel her off before she strangles me to death.

"You're going to have a great time! I promise." She hops up and down again before finally running off and I sigh, rubbing my aching neck.

All I wanted was a cup of fucking coffee.

Now I'm going to homecoming.

I should just get a coffee maker for my room, I think as I continue down the hall, glancing at my watch. That took up three too many minutes of passing period.

Those short three minutes are critical. A godsend when I'm basically dragging my feet all day just to get through six lectures on proper MLA format.

Fuck. I blow out a breath and my steps hit the linoleum harder as I power walk through the building.

Rough drafts are due tomorrow. Maybe I should just extend the deadline. Give them another week. Maybe I'll feel better then.

Maybe my head won't be so-

"No, I love it here so far."

That voice. My pace slows.

I shut my eyes, stopping still before I can even bombard the faculty lounge for the fourth time today. My fingertips rub a tired eye.

That voice is not the voice you think it is, Abel. You're just fucked up on caffeine.

And then I hear a laugh and it confirms it all for me.

My blood rushes down to my feet and I can't get my legs to lift from he spot I'm standing in.

What the fuck.

What. the fuck. is she. doing. here.

"Everyone's great here," I hear Jordyn say to her and my tongue hits my cheek. "Real friendly, nicest people I've ever met in my life, and I've worked for quite a few schools-"

My presence in the doorway is like a mute button. They both look at me.

Jordyn, her cheeks suddenly pinkish as she avoids eye contact and Shyla, doing the exact opposite.

Our eyes are locked, matter of fact.

Locked like loaded guns pointed at bright red targets.

I set my empty mug on the counter beside the Keurig and slide my hands in my pockets.

"Abel?" Shyla forces a laughs, her face oddly amused, but not at all surprised. "What? Are you, are you a teacher here?"

"You two know each other?" Jordyn's brow stiffens and my lips part in an attempt to answer, only to be silenced when Shyla speaks again.

"We used to date." She glances back at her. "Actually, lived together, almost had a baby—the whole thing."

Jordyn almost scoffs, but gulps instead. Like the words just vanished, straight down her throat.

"Crazy, right?" Shyla giggles again, her hands finding her hips.

I look her over, her blue scrubs.

Her name tag.

Nurse?

My eyes bounce from her eyes to her name tag over and over again, because there's no fucking way this is happening.

"Well," Jordyn clears her throat, "I better get back to my class. Nice meeting you, Shyla."

"Same here." She grins at her, but I just can't pull my eyes away. My heart is pounding, the vein in my forehead pulsing at the same rhythm. Like I'm a ticking bomb ready to explode as soon as Jordyn shuts that door behind her.

Sunshine (Student/Teacher Romance) 18+On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara