Sweet Lullabies || Sarvente X Reader oneshot

Start from the beginning

"Why would you be walking out in the streets so late at night? And in horrible weather, for that matter!"

You held your head down, not responding.
You really didn't feel like explaining your situation, not yet, anyways.

Her expression softened when she seen how you responded, bringing herself to smile at you in a sympathetic matter.

"..It's alright, Dear. I won't force you to talk about it. Let's just get you into some dry clothes, alright?"

You quietly nod, continuing to let her lead you through the religious building.

At some point during the walk, the two of you exchanged names. She smiled at you.

"(Y/N), hm? That's such a lovely name."

You couldn't help but smile a little yourself, letting yourself giggle a small bit as the compliment flustered you. You thanked her.

"Mhm,"

She nodded sweetly. The more you spoke to her, the more you calmed down. She honestly made you feel safe, and you liked that about her.

The two of you continue your walk until she brings you to a room where certain supplies is kept.
And like she said she would, she gave you some nice, warm, dry clothes to change into, a hot meal, and a place to stay for the night.
You were surprised on how she just.. welcomed you with open arms, without a second thought whatsoever. Her kindness towards you was unending.

And now here you are, laying in a bed in a spare room where they keep the poor souls who have nowhere to go in, and you can't fall asleep.
As much as you tried, you just felt nothing but restless.

You're suddenly snapped out of your thoughts as the sound of a hand knocking on wood brings you back to reality, sitting up to see the one and only Sarvente standing in the doorway.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing still up? It's late."

You stay silent for a couple of seconds, your brain searching for a good excuse.
Your shoulders slump over in defeat as you avoid her gaze, murmuring;

"..I can't sleep."

You felt embarrassed, like a little kid who refused to stay in bed even though it was way past bedtime.
However, she gave you a non judgmental, sympathetic look.

"Awh, Dear.."

She cooed as she walked over towards your bed, sitting at the edge of it.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?"

You shake your head in response to her question, staying quiet.

Sarvente seemed look towards the ground, pondering for a moment, before looking back at you.

"Just lay down, Dear. I know just the thing that'll ease your weary mind."

Despite you being.. slightly skeptical, you follow her orders, and lay your head back down onto the pillow. You tried to relax as you waited for the nun to do what she was about to do.

She cleared her throat a little, and began humming.

The noise was incredibly pleasant to you, sounding more loving and motherly than your parental guardian had ever been to you.

Soon enough, she started to sing some lyrics in a soft tone;

"Moonbeams and starlight.. magical twilight.. the warmest rain.."

her voice as sweet as the sweetest of sugars, and softer than the lushest of silk.
It warmed your soul and eased the aches and pains that were within it.

She continued her beautiful melody, made just for you.

"Hear it whisper your name.. rainbows at midnight, sparkling night skies.. don't go away.. stay another day.."

You felt your eyes grow heavier as you felt her voice carrying you off gently to a warm and happy place, you could just hear her smile as she tucked you in, feeling cozier under the covers.

"Don't go away.. stay another day.."

Her song trailed off into more of that sweet, sweet humming, as your exhaustion finally crept up to you and your consciousness began slipping.
Only one thought went through your head before drifting off to dreamland;

"I think I'm going to like staying here."

END.

Author's Note:

Hey! I hope you enjoyed my first ever x reader oneshot!
I definitely enjoyed writing this ngl, i should do it more often-

And in case youre curious, the song sarv sang was "Don't go away" from the movie Rio 2!
I just really like that song and thought it was fitting.

Ty for the request again Malachi! I hope you liked it ;;

See yall later! <3