13) The Spare Dorm

Back in our dorms, we were wriggling out of our drenched clothes. The feeling of peeling wet fabric off my skin, extremely uncomfortable.

"There's no point is making an effort tonight, trying to look nice" Pansy stated, drying off her damp skin with a towel. "Everyone's just gotten soaked. No one's going to look nice"

"Plus it'll take ages" I agree "you know, makeup, hair, deciding what to wear. It's only the common room right?"

"Exactly"

We all pulled on relatively comfy clothes. I wore a pale pink knitted jumper with some mom jeans. I craved something warm after being out in the cold.

"Come on girlies" Daphne half sung "the boys will be back now. They would have already changed down in the tent"

"Wait give me one second" I pleaded, checking my hair in the mirror. It was still wet and would probably look a mess once it dried. "Let me just braid this"

"Oh I can do it for you?" Daphne offered and she wove my walnut brown hair into one loose plait down the back of my head. I pulled it over one shoulder, pleased with her work.

"Thanks Daph" I grin, looking at her in the mirror.

And with one last spray of perfume, we left for the common room.

The boys were on a high, ecstatic that they'd won.

"Pans! Did you see me out there baby? We fucking smashed it? We killed it out there tonight!"

Pansy ran at Blaise, leaping into his arms. "I know, I know! You did amazing. So fucking amazing"

I watched the joyous scene unfold. Although I didn't totally agree with Blaise's claims.

Technically we only won because Draco caught the snitch...The Gryffindors were in the lead.

So the credits all mine, eh Greenwood?

Malfoy? Seriously? Get the fuck out of my head.

"Drakey!" A voiced squealed, interrupting our silent conversation. "You were incredible! Did you see me watching you? Did you? I made a banner!"
Astoria prattles on, practically pouncing on him only to be quickly pushed away.

"Yeah, yeah I was great. Erm I'll go fetch some drinks"

I'd spent the last two hours with Daphne and Pansy. Us girls wanted to stick together tonight. We'd been giggling and gossiping, discussing who the best looking professors were (an extremely hard decision) and debating which boy in our year had the biggest cock.
At this point we were way past tipsy, in that amazing drunken state where everything is funny and you have all the confidence in the world.

"Ooo, speaking of dick, where's my Blaisey?" Pansy giggles, getting up to find him.

"No! Get back here Pans!" Daphne calls after her. "Always ditches us..."

"Rey" Theo strides over, a bottle in his hand. "Where's my congratulations?" He teases, pulling a fake sad face.

"Oh Theo! Sorry..congrats! I knew you'd be great" I rise off my chair slightly to hug him.
He hugs me back, perching on the arm of the sofa.

"I'm only messing....but I can think of a few ways we can celebrate our win?" He replies suggestively. "Can I steal her Daph?"

"Whatever" Daphne rolls her eyes. "Pansy's already left so you might as well"

He holds out his hand for me to take.

I grin at him, feeling girly and cheeky. Full of alcohol. I go to take his hand when I feel slightly guilty. I don't want to leave Daphne on her own.