8) Theo

"Hey, wait up!" A voice called after me.

I'd decided to spend my free period in the library. Hogwarts was much more intense than Baxter's and I was already falling behind in comparison to the other students. I just wasn't used to the workload.

"Rey? Wait" they repeated.

I spun around to find Theo jogging after me. His hair bouncing with each step.

"Theo, Hey! Sorry I was miles away" I clasp my textbooks close to my chest.

"Where you going? We're all meeting in the common room"

"Oh you go. I'm headed to the library. Don't want to fall behind"

"You won't? You're a smart girl. Plus terms only just started. We haven't even been given homework yet"

"Thanks, but I'm really not that smart. I needed Malfoy's help in Herbology" I scoff.

"Yeah well none of us knew about that powder stuff. Besides, Malfoy's just learnt it all already. Everyone knows his parents force him to do loads of tutoring over the summer"

"That definitely makes me feel better. But I'm still going to study. I'll join you guys later?"

"No, I'll come with you" Theo smiles "if it means I get to have you alone, I'm in"

"In that case, let's go" smiling back I link my arm with his. Mostly so I can get a feel of his large bicep.

We were seated by a window in the library, the autumn sun shining through. I'd pulled out a beaten up old book titled 'advanced potion making'. Tomorrow's my first potions lesson, and I've heard that our teacher isn't very pleasant.
Theo sat opposite me. He'd chosen a book on defence against the dark arts. Probably because it's one of the more interesting subjects.

I watched him read, his eyes darting across the pages. Curls framing his face. Long dark lashes and parted lips.
Focusing on this dull book was hard enough, but Theo's irresistible looks made it harder.

"Done staring yet?" He asked playfully, glancing up from the page.
I felt my whole face blush red.

"I was just-"

"I don't mind" he smirked "bored already?"

"Potions isn't really my thing. Like at all"

He let out a throaty laugh. "You were the one that wanted to study"

"Yeah cause I'm crap at potions" I giggle.

"Well... we've got a whole term to study" he mutters suggestively, one side of his mouth curled.

"Fine. I'll do it another time" I give in, hardly putting up a fight at all. "Let me just put this back" I grab my book from the table, hunting for the shelf I found it on.

Theo followed close behind.

"P"

"Patronus...
Plants...
Ah! Potions"

I slide the book back onto the dusty shelf and move to face Theo. It was just me and him, alone between the bookshelves. And he was stood awfully close to me.

"So..what do you want to do now"  his voice low as he took his hand and ran it through my hair, pausing at the back of my head, his brown eyes flicking to meet mine.

"I don't know..." I reply in barely a whisper "what do you want to do?" My gaze jumping between his eyes and mouth.

"This" he breathes, cupping my face with his steady hands.
Leaning in.
Kissing me softly.

Wow.