Walking back into my house, Emma had already made lunch for the both of us. "How was training?" She hands me a plate of pancakes and bacon. "It was going well, until some know-it-all interrupted me." Worried she pours orange juice in my glass. "What's his name?" Taking a bite of my food, I hold her question, "Paul.." She thinks for a minute but doesn't say anything. "Spill it."

"What if he's one of the hunters that killed Luke and Bridget?" And then my mind wonders a thousand directions. "He said that he was going to be following me. I just hope he's not a coward and brings his hunters with him. Because then, I won't feel bad for what I did."

The Next Day.

During soccer practice, Coach Finstock made us run through the woods. Following the trail, and the side of the clif to get us back to school. "Take them back, I need to clear some things out." Emma nods back at me and then runs ahead, I stayed behind to talk to Talia and Deucalion.

"There getting closer into town. After what happen to you yesterday with that boy, I can't have you walking around alone." Deucalion stood by my side, while Talia was leaning against the counter.

Ever since my dad had left my mom, Scott, and I, Deucalion became like a father figure to me. He came to my games, to my swim meets, even managed not to fall asleep at my piano recitals. I took me under his wing when Talia was busy with her own pack. He wasn't really this nice to anyone, not even his own family, so when he met me, I became his daughter. "You don't have too, the school is filled with people. People who are just like me on the outside." The door swung open, Peter walked through the door with the biggest smile on his face.

"I could be her boyfriend....to scare them off." He leans on the door, and we all just watch him. "I think that's a-" "He doesn't even go to my school Talia, he can't protect me anyways." Peter's jaw clentches. "I agree. I think she should be protected by Derek, since he does go to the same school as her, and they have some classes together." I slowly turn my head to Deucalion. 'Why would you say that!' I say through my eyes.

"I can work with that. I'll call Derek, and give him your schedule. Now you have to go to school, you still have another class." Talia walks into the kitchen with her phone on her hand, Peter stands by the door. "I'll drive you back." While Deucalion offers to take me back to school.

"Thank you, for not letting Peter be my fake boyfriend to protect me." We drive with the music quietly playing behind our conversation, "God knows what that boy had in mind when he wanted to be your fake boyfriend."

I came to school just in time for my last class of the day, Spanish. Sra. Hernandez had the class get into groups of 2, so that we could quiz each other for our quiz this Friday. "Sra.McCall, you are with Sr.Hale." I take the papers, and a deep breath before sitting next to Derek.

"Hey." He flashes a white smile at me, and I can't help but smile back. "Hi." He shuffles the cards, and lays then out on the table. "So I heard about what happen, with Paul? And then Peter." I matched 2 cards, and set them to the side. "Yeah, Deucalion and Talia think that it's best for me to have someone around me. They can't seem to get something out of their heads." We finish the cards in a couple of minutes, "Like what?"

When I look up at him, the sun was reflecting on the table. "That I'm not a child anymore, I can take care of myself." The teacher comes to us, "Well I'm amazed you finished so quickly, you two seem to work good together." We share a glance before going back into silence.

"Well I'm glad my mom told me to protect you." I didn't know what to say or do at this time. He didn't really show me any sign of happiness or sincerity. "Why?" He looked around the room for a while, and then came closer to me, "Because then I could get to know you better." And that's when I heard it. After what he said, his heartbeat started to race. Faster than I have ever heard it go, "Okay, Students. Next class we will have a quiz, so study with your partners when you have time!"