𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 ~ 𝖇𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗

Start from the beginning

"I'm the only one here who's fought them." he reasoned. "I'm the only one here who knows them."

"I haven't given you permission to leave." the queen intervened.

But Jon only shook his head. "With respect, Your Grace, I don't need your permission. I am a King."

When he was quiet, Yelena took a small step toward the queen, meeting her eyes. She didn't know the other woman very well yet, but they'd established something of a friendship since meeting, so she hoped that perhaps she could sway her. "We knew the risks when we came here." she said gently. "We sailed to an island of Unsullied, Dothraki, and Dragons, and whether they're true or not, we've all heard stories. But we put our trust in a complete stranger because it was the best chance for the people. Now I ask you to put your trust in a stranger, because we know each other better than you think. We've more or less faced many of the same nightmares, gained many of the same values as women climbing to power. I'm asking you to trust me... because it's our best chance. It may be our only chance."

Finally, she nodded.

***

Decked out in her gear without a skirt or cloak in the way and her hair pulled back into a tight braid out of her face, Yelena strode about the caverns, overseeing production and helping where she could.

Ser Davos's voice broke her focus. "Begging your pardon, Your Grace." he strode towards Jon with a young man at his side, and Yelena hopped down from the ledge she was on to join them. "My Princess."

"You survived King's Landing." Jon smiled.

"Yet again." he looked to the boy beside him. "This is Clo-"

"Name's Gendry, Your Grace." he interrupted. "I'm Robert Baratheon's son. Bastard son."

If looks could kill, Davos would've murdered the poor lad right then. He sighed while Jon simply blinked in astonishment. "He was meant to keep that to himself."

Yelena chuckled. "I guess blunt honesty runs in the family." she extended a hand. "Yelena Baratheon. Robert's daughter and, I suppose, your sister."

He grinned, shaking the offered hand. "Great to meet you. Really great. I've heard amazing things but... wow, are you sure we're related?" She laughed, and when she stepped back, his gaze turned to Jon. "Ser Davos told me where you're going, Your Grace, and why. Let me come with you."

Davos's head snapped up. "Don't be a fool. You're not a soldier."

"Neither am I, but I'm not letting Jon leave me behind south of that pile of ice." the princess pointed out. "You a fighter, brother?"

His reply was immediate. "Yes."

She looked at Jon, who sighed. "You know how to use a sword?"

"I prefer a hammer."

Princess and King both looked to Davos for confirmation. He gave an exasperated huff, but gave in to honesty. "He can handle himself."

Jon seemed slightly hesitant, but nodded anyway. "We could use the help."

"As my father used to say," Davos muttered. "'It's better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life'."

"I owe you my life twice over now." Gendry told him. "And if what you say is true about what's up there, I can't wait out this war."

The Onion Knight huffed. "Yeah, nobody mind me. All I've ever done is live to a ripe old age."

Yelena grinned. "Don't worry Ser Davos, I don't intend to die anytime soon."