𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 ~ 𝖒𝖞 𝖑𝖆𝖉𝖞

WHEN THEY ARRIVED IN THE FIRST TOWN, Joffrey finally made himself a bother to his older sister. "A direwolf, princess? Really? What are you a Baratheon or a Stark?"

She shot him a venomous glare. "More Baratheon than you, little brother." She snapped. She thought sometimes, that if mother didn't love them both so dearly, they'd rip each other to shreds.

Later, Yelena watched from a low tree branch with a smile playing on her lips as Arya and the butcher's boy played at swords with sticks. "Keep your hips balanced over your feet, and elbows up!" she suggested from her perch on the tree. Her expression turned sour, however, when Joffrey showed up again, Sansa trailing behind him.

"Arya!" Sansa cried.

Distracted, the girl let a blow hit her shoulder. "Ow!" she muttered at the boy before turning back to her sister. "What are you doing here?" she snapped. "Go away!"

Yelena watched with furrowed brows from her perch as the scene unfolded.

"Your sister?" Joffrey chuckled. "And who are you, boy?"

"Joffrey, leave them alone, you little ferret." Yelena warned. It was a nasty nickname she'd used ever since he dragged her by her hair when he was only three.

He just shot her a glare. "He can answer for himself, can't you, boy?"

"Mycah, my lord." the boy replied nervously, dropping the stick.

"He's the butcher's boy." Sansa criticised.

"He's my friend!" Arya informed her sister irritably.

"A butcher's boy who wants to be a knight, eh?" Joffrey smirked.

Yelena jumped the short distance to the ground. "Joffrey!"

He ignored her, drawing a fine blade that he was not fit to own. "Pick up your sword, butcher's boy, let's see how good you are."

Yelena jogged forward, smacking her brother's arm back. "Stop it!"

"She asked me to, my lord!" The boy insisted, clearly afraid.

"I'm your prince," Joffrey spat. "Not your lord. And I said pick. up. your. Sword."

"It's only a stick, my prince!" the boy protested.

"And you're not a knight." Joffrey's impatience finally got the better of him, and he raised his sword to strike, but when it came down, metal struck upon metal, steel ringing out against Valyrian Steel.

Yelena used her sword to shove his back, glaring with the force of a thousand suns. "Well I'm the princess," she hissed, in the same tone Joffrey had used on the boy. "And I said that's enough." but the prince was more pride than mind, and she had just wounded that pride. This time, when he struck, it was against her. She blocked easily, delivering two of her own blows that he barely blocked. Sansa watched in horror, begging them to stop, while Arya looked on in amazement. The two battled back and forth until he finally landed a thin scratch across her cheek. But when she looked up, her expression was smug. "Oh please," she taunted. "You were never as good as I was." Once again it was block and parry, block and parry, parry until Yelena landed a cut on her brother's face that was the mirror image of hers.

In his rage he turned blindly, and that's where everything went even worse. He swung twice, barely missing Arya both times, but that was more than enough for her direwolf. Nymeria came charging, clamping her jaws down firmly on Joffrey's arm, making him fall back. Joffrey screamed, Sansa screamed and Arya called her wolf back, but it was relentless. Finally Yelena was able to pry the animal off, but the damage was done.